Not quite a P'up... Diesel Chevette!

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. No technical questions here, please.
Forum rules
This forum is to be Family Friendly.

This is for "Introductions". Tell us about YOUR P'up, and a little about yourself (if you like). This is also the place for updates, tall tales, etc. about YOUR P'up. Include photos of your truck, if available (See this for an example).

This is not the appropriate place for technical questions. Please post those in the appropriate Troubleshooting or Upgrades section.
johnklos
Isuzu vehicle(s): Diesel Chevette

Not quite a P'up... Diesel Chevette!

Postby johnklos » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:01 pm

Hi, all,

This site has all sorts of wonderful information with great people helping each other. I hope I can give back even a tiny bit of what I've already learned.

While I don't have a P'up, I do have a beautiful Isuzu 4FB1 engine and five speed in a Chevy Chevette that now has more than 700,000 miles on it. At least the transmission, I think, came from a P'up! Isuzu certainly knows how to make long lasting engines.

I've recently been trying to find more resources for cross-referencing parts and suitable replacements, and this seems like a good place to share. I hope to make it easier for others to find suitable replacement parts and accessories, too :)

Here's a picture from a cross-country trip:
chevette.jpg
John

puttputtinpup

Re: Not quite a P'up... Diesel Chevette!

Postby puttputtinpup » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:40 pm

Welcome to the site! 700k? Wow. Amazing. I remember back in 1983 I helped a guy pull the transmission out of a chevette diesel.
Currently P'up-less, but keeping my eyes open for a good deal
Click this link for misc. diesel technical bulletins & other info

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Re: Not quite a P'up... Diesel Chevette!

Postby JoeIsuzu » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:24 pm

Wow, you had Impulse rims! :D

Jack

Return to “My P'up! (Introduce yourself here)”