Horn problem

This is for "general" electrical discussions. Audio, security, remote start, and power accessories should go here, since they don't seem to fit anywhere else. Not for diesel-specific (like glow systems), or gasoline-specific (like ignition systems) topics.
robgt22
Isuzu vehicle(s): honda passport 95 with isuzu c223 diesel engine

Horn problem

Postby robgt22 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:59 am

I know it's late night but my truck just woke me up from my dream. It started to hunk by itself so I woke up to check it and found that my horn was actually making some weird noise, like a short was having place, and it scared me but also noticed that my wiper fluid tank leaked and it's right over my horn relay, I really could do nothing because I was using my phone's light to see a little so I just disconnected the battery. :shock: any ideas??
Honda passport/Isuzu rodeo 95 with a c223 in it. Running 15 psi of boost with a Garrett gt1749. Straighpiped and intercooled.

dcellpup
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1987 p'up diesel longbed 40k

Re: Horn problem

Postby dcellpup » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:40 am

hey rob, a rooster would solve the problem...unless the truck just wanted to go for a drive. :evil:
Sorry I can't suggest a better fix, but it sounds like you may have the problem identified. :wink:
dave

89rebelpup
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1989 Standard cab swb 2.3l (carb)

Postby 89rebelpup » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:14 am

Squirrel or mouse eating on wires and plastic??

robgt22
Isuzu vehicle(s): honda passport 95 with isuzu c223 diesel engine

Postby robgt22 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:43 am

89rebelpup wrote:Squirrel or mouse eating on wires and plastic??

Actually it was because of the water that fell on the relay. Replaced and sealed it and it stopped, the thing was it freaked me out when it started at midnight. :?
Honda passport/Isuzu rodeo 95 with a c223 in it. Running 15 psi of boost with a Garrett gt1749. Straighpiped and intercooled.

Return to “Electrical Troubleshooting, Maintenance, and Upgrades”