1990 Turn Signals Not working

This is for "general" electrical discussions. Audio, security, remote start, and power accessories should go here, since they don't seem to fit anywhere else. Not for diesel-specific (like glow systems), or gasoline-specific (like ignition systems) topics.
74baggedbug

Re: 1990 Turn Signals Not working

Postby 74baggedbug » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:50 pm

Can someone send me the procedure to clean my turn signal switch. I'm having the same problem with my turn signals thanks
1991 Isuzu pickup weber carb conversion,cold a/c, 17" escalade wheels

fallguy

Postby fallguy » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:46 am

Search this thread for the fix,I posted detailed pics and instructions in here
91 isuzu pickup dropped 8" all around,weber carb,header,96 tacoma front bumper. i drive it like i stole it cuz thats the way she likes it!...no bags,no switches,just hammered!!!

MAC702
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1984 P'up, utility bed, diesel, 5-speed, 200k miles

Postby MAC702 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:13 pm

fallguy wrote:Search this thread for the fix,I posted detailed pics and instructions in here

Is something missing in this post or an I missing the link? Every thread I pull up in a search seems to have a missing link to what promises to be an answer. Thanks.

puttputtinpup

Postby puttputtinpup » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:25 pm

MAC702 wrote:
fallguy wrote:Search this thread for the fix,I posted detailed pics and instructions in here

Is something missing in this post or an I missing the link? Every thread I pull up in a search seems to have a missing link to what promises to be an answer. Thanks.

Your truck has a different style turn signal from the 88-95 trucks.
1st check fuses and see if any are blown. If they check out, find the black flat switch on top of the steering wheel clam shell(covers ignition switch, turn signal switch, etc). This is for the 4way flashers. Emergency flashers. Pull the switch up and see if the 4-way flashers come on. If they do, that's great news! Assuming they do, push the switch back down, then up, then down again. Turn on key, and try turn signals
Currently P'up-less, but keeping my eyes open for a good deal
Click this link for misc. diesel technical bulletins & other info

Darby

Postby Darby » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:05 pm

Try the easiest first. Cycle the four way flashers on and off a few times. Works on mine every time.
Original owner of a 1993 Isuzu pick up, 2.3 engine, 5 speed with power steering and air conditioning. All original except the radio (still have factory radio).
It's cheaper to fix what you have than to buy someone else's problems.

Sugar6s
Isuzu vehicle(s): '89 Isuzu Pickup 5 speed manual 2.3L

1990 Turn Signals Not working

Postby Sugar6s » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:05 pm

Having similar issue. Only driver side blinkers not working. Replaced flasher and bulbs. You can hear the Flasher clicking but no lights working on that side as well as the dash turn signal indicator does not light up. However the hazards do work and the indicator on dash works for those.. I would love to have a diagram to look at and if someone could repost those directions that would be great because I couldn't see them in this thread..

Return to “Electrical Troubleshooting, Maintenance, and Upgrades”