Burned out EMS

This is for "general" electrical discussions. Audio, security, remote start, and power accessories should go here, since they don't seem to fit anywhere else. Not for diesel-specific (like glow systems), or gasoline-specific (like ignition systems) topics.
JBScarborough
Isuzu vehicle(s): '89 pickup

Burned out EMS

Post by JBScarborough »

This is my burned out Engine Management System. If you look on the lower left, you can see the burned out components.
IMG_20211016_212713602.jpg
This is the back. You can see the melted solders. (I'm not really sure how you spell that!)
IMG_20211016_212451681_HDR.jpg
I bought a used replacement from Lithuania (of all places!) and it didn't work either. The truck starts, turns over for a second, and then quits. My understanding is that the component is responsible for keeping the fuel pump running, and is backed up by the fact that if I run a wire from the prong on the fuse that runs the fuel pump to another (fused) line, the truck runs great! (every light on the dashboard lit up like the Christmas House, though)

My question is this: Do you think that this isn't the real cause of the problem? (explaining why a part that looked just fine didn't solve it) I just realized you are going to need a picture of the Lithuanian part. Here it is:
IMG_20211016_214300661_HDR.jpg
Whaddaya think? Any help would be appreciated!

-Jeff
puttputtinpup

Re: Burned out EMS

Post by puttputtinpup »

I'd try replacing that one resistor and see what happens.
Red Truck

Re: Burned out EMS

Post by Red Truck »

If I remember the mnemonic correctly, that's 480 ohms. Sadly, Radio Shack used to sell them. Also sadly, I cannot repeat the mnemonic here!
R/
'87 Isuzu p'up 4ZD1/2.3 gas, carb'd, 5spd, 4WD, base model, Fed spec