LIGHT PROBZ!

This is for "general" electrical discussions. Audio, security, remote start, and power accessories should go here, since they don't seem to fit anywhere else. Not for diesel-specific (like glow systems), or gasoline-specific (like ignition systems) topics.
Vanjinxs666
Isuzu vehicle(s): 85 Isuzu pup, 2wd, 3.8L oddfire and a TH200 3 speed

LIGHT PROBZ!

Postby Vanjinxs666 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:29 pm

Hey guys,

I was helping some friends move and all of a sudden my dash lights went out. No big deal it was right before sunset so I tapped my brakes to check lights and they worked so I didn't even worry about them after that. On the way home I got pulled over for no tail lights. State trooper luckily just gave me a warning and told me to use flashers. All of my marker lights are out, tail lights and dash lights. All the fuses are visually good but is there a second fuse location in the cab that I haven't found? This is on my 1985 pup. Thanks in advance guys. I'll use the meter tomorrow to check fuses if I can't find it on here.

-V
Small town Kansas
85 pup

zenapup
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1987 Normal Cab Short Bed 1.9L FED RWD 4-speed manual

Re: LIGHT PROBZ!

Postby zenapup » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:27 pm

check fuse contacts may be oxidized also just swap the fuse it may be bad but not obvious
only fusebox is underhood
1987 Isuzu P'UP Normal Cab Short Bed 1.9L FED RWD 4-speed manual
1988 Honda Accord LX-i Coupe 2.0L FI 5-speed manual
1995 Suzuki Sidekick JX 4dr 1.6L 5-speed manual
2013 Mazda3 iSV 2.0L 5-speed manual

supersummerfun
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1982 DLX 4WD Diesel P'up (4-speed), 1999 Mercedes E300 TD

Postby supersummerfun » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:52 am

I just had this happen 3 days ago. Brake and head lights work. Tail lights and dash lights are out. I found one of my fuses to be blown. I replaced it and it blew again 30 seconds later. I guessed that some of the ancient wiring has shorted, not sure where yet. Tell me if you find a solution before I do.
Teddy

puttputtinpup

Postby puttputtinpup » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:38 pm

Look for any wire hacking at the back like where somebody wired up for trailer lights. Sometimes a bad bulb's filament will fall and touch the other filament inside for turn or brakes and cause problems.
Currently P'up-less, but keeping my eyes open for a good deal
Click this link for misc. diesel technical bulletins & other info

Return to “Electrical Troubleshooting, Maintenance, and Upgrades”