NE Georgia meet

Gerald K4NHN

NE Georgia meet

Post by Gerald K4NHN »

Here are a few pictures that I took today. The ones of the group didn't take for some reason, but there were others that took a group photo that I know that will get posted.. Jerry was a great host in all his Orange, and we all had a lot to talk about. I think that we all left with most of the parts that we were looking for, at least I did. I was able to only stay for a few hours, so I had to cram a lot in a short time. Jerry's place is the Mecca of Isuzu Parts and a nice guy on top of that.

Now if someone can put names to all the pictures..

Thanks for having us today.

Gerald K4NHN
Cayce, SC
Attachments
The parts Barn
The parts Barn
Mr. & Mrs. Puttputtinpup
Mr. & Mrs. Puttputtinpup
Jim Waters
Jim Waters
Alec & Shawn (86TurboP'up)
Alec & Shawn (86TurboP'up)
Alec (Shawn's guest)
Alec (Shawn's guest)
Ron, the welder
Ron, the welder
Dave
Dave
Mrs. Puttputtinpup
Mrs. Puttputtinpup
Jonathan
Jonathan
group picture
group picture
Jerry Lemond
Jerry Lemond
Gerald K4NHN
Cayce, SC

"One test is worth a thousand opinions"

1983 LS DIESEL LONG BED 2 W/D 126K miles

1986 LS Trooper Tubro Diesel 4 W/D 186K + miles SOLD
big daddy

Re: NE Georgia meet

Post by big daddy »

Soooooooooo jealous that I didn't get to make it. I bet ya'll had a great time. I saw all the talk about people coming thru the Beacon in SC for aplenty's and saw that somebody was from Kernersville, NC - i used to love eating at the two places there that had hot dogs and ice cream - i forget the names of the places but local were fiercely loyal to one or the other.

Where are all the pics of the different P'up's that made the trip?

I sure would like to get my hands on one of those t-shirts - are there any more XXL's?
Big Daddy
LaGrange Ga

1984 Isuzu Pup LB Diesel
puttputtinpup

Post by puttputtinpup »

Big Daddy, you ought to be ashamed of yourself for skipping out on us like that!! We had a great time together. My wife and I came on back last night. That was a long day! I have only a couple more shirts and they're XL. PM me if interested. Wayne and Shawn got the last XXXL shirts I had.
I'm working on editing my pictures, but here's description of the ones Gerald posted from top to bottom:
Jerry's barn...the jack pot!!
Mr.& Mrs. Puttputtinpup
Jim Waters (JimW)
Alec (Shawn's guest) & (86TurboP'up)-Shawn
Alec
Ron (1welderua) (his wife came but not pictured here)
Dave (ddcuning)
Mrs. Puttputtinpup
Jonathan (my guest)
group picture
Jerry Lemond (JLemond)

JoePerry25 and his son came later. They had trouble with the Pup overheating which resulted in a cracked thermostat housing. It was repaired while on the side of the road with JBWELD! Amazing stuff.
puttputtinpup

Post by puttputtinpup »

On behalf of all who came, "Thank-you Jerry & Carol Lemond for allowing us to come and spend the day with you!" Thanks also to Jack (JOEISUZU) for this great site which brought us together
The Big Peach water tower.JPG

Surprise meet with VAN.JPG
our trucks at the TA.JPG
our trucks again.JPG
group picture 1.JPG
group picture 2.JPG

more pics on the way..........
puttputtinpup

Post by puttputtinpup »

Jerry telling a story.JPG
Jim Waters & Mrs.Puttputtinpup.JPG
Parts galore.JPG
Jonathan arrived in Heaven.JPG
Ron & Jim.JPG
more parts!.JPG

more yet to come........
puttputtinpup

Post by puttputtinpup »

and more parts.JPG
even more parts.JPG
endless parts.JPG
Lunch at Golden Coral.JPG
Joe Perry, his son, & Jerry.JPG
Jonathan & Joe.JPG

a few more to go............
puttputtinpup

Post by puttputtinpup »

Jerry Dave & Jonathan.JPG
Jerry Dave Wayne & Jonathan.JPG
Jerry Wayne & Dave.JPG

Until next time!!!
Puttputtinpup
JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Post by JoeIsuzu »

Wish i coulda made it! Looks like y'all had a great time. Great photos, and thanks for putting names in.

Jack
big daddy

Post by big daddy »

I am still kicking myself for missing this. I had too many prior obligations. I hope ya'll are going to do this again sometime soon - i promise I will make the next one.

Jerry's place looks awsome - so neat and organized!!!!

I know my wife would have had a ball poking fun at all of us with Mrs Putt putt.

Nice job with the pics........
Big Daddy
LaGrange Ga

1984 Isuzu Pup LB Diesel
puttputtinpup

Post by puttputtinpup »

Big Daddy, I have 2 more shirts left and they're XL. Rex was asking for a XXL. I'm thinking of having more made up, but not sure yet. Somebody else might want to design one of their own.
Andy
2.2turbodiesel

Post by 2.2turbodiesel »

Man i wish i could have been there. I just got word this morning that i do get to keep my truck and it is not going to get totalled out so it will be ready for the next meet when ever that may be. Hopefully it wont be a whole year but whenever. I also have a 1.9L gas pup auto tranny and i need a kick down cable for it can anybody tell me where i can get one.
puttputtinpup

Post by puttputtinpup »

2.2turbodiesel wrote:Man i wish i could have been there. I just got word this morning that i do get to keep my truck and it is not going to get totalled out so it will be ready for the next meet when ever that may be. Hopefully it wont be a whole year but whenever. I also have a 1.9L gas pup auto tranny and i need a kick down cable for it can anybody tell me where i can get one.

Check with JoePerry25. He had an automatic in his gasser truck, but pulled it out and replaced it with a diesel & 5 speed. I'm not sure when we'll have another meet. We probably have the potential to have about 50 in NC-SC alone if everybody showed up. Sorry to hear about your truck. You'll get it going before long, I'm sure.
Andy
puttputtinpup

Post by puttputtinpup »

I'm going to try this attachment of an EXCEL file attendance list of our Georgia meet. The names in RED indicates those who didn't make it. The names in black are those who came.
Andy
didn't work....
Wayne Lemond
Jlemond
Carol Lemond
Puttputtinpup
Mrs Puttputtinpup
ddcuning (Dave)
Dave's wife
Big Daddy
JoePerry25
JoePerry's son
Perkhouse (Brian)
NickHalf (Nick)
Gerald K4NHN
Gerald's son
Jonathan Bousman
2.2turbodiesel
86TurboPup (Shawn)
86TurboPup's friend Alec
1welderua (Ron)
1welderua (Ron) wife Jeanette
Jim W (Jim Waters)
PupDiesel (Salvy)
Mini-Pup-Charles

Post by Mini-Pup-Charles »

whens the next meet???? im in GA and i missed it. was looking forward to go to one but i was training. theres a couple pups in N.W. Ga in my area. ill pass the word if theres another.

slammed 81 isuzuPup diesel
1981 isuzuPup 2.2 diesel- bagged and boddied short bed, 5 speed 34'' shifter, twin stacks. ("The Mistress")
ddcuning
Isuzu vehicle(s): 85 GMC S-15 Diesel

Post by ddcuning »

Thanks to everyone for getting the pictures up on the site and thanks Jerry for letting us come visit with you. I have been helping my very sick, very pregnant wife (you remember she could not make the trip) and haven't had any time to look over the site in a while. Our new little "wrench turner" will be here soon though, only two months to go. Good seeing those folks again who I had met at the Charlotte meet and good meeting the folks that were in Atlanta. Thanks again.

Dave C

By the way, I went from Pittsboro, NC to Atlanta, on to Chattanooga TN, then back to NC (~900miles total) on 1.5 gal of diesel. The rest of the miles were on WVO. Doesn't stink so bad now does it Andy! (Andy was giving me a hard time about the french fry smell from the tailpipe).