luv at the beach

If you're on the West Coast or close to it, please make sure your "Location" is filled out in your forum profile. Larry (quicknotslow) is hoping to send out PMs regarding plans for this.
luvcamas

luv at the beach

Post by luvcamas »

How many of you NW guys out there would like to have a 2010 NW meet at the beach? I made a suggestion in the " PAC NW rules" post. I think that it would take the burden off guys like mark in medford that would have it at there homes.I would offer up my home but I'm afraid camas wa would not be too exciting of a place to visit, but the beach would be lots of fun. I might suggest long beach Washington. Its about a 1 1/2 hour drive from Portland ore. It's not too touristy and there's lots to do. You can drive on the beach and have campfires. Its a pretty cheap place to stay , not that it is important to any of us,lol. They have plenty of camp grounds and rv resorts. There is two towns ,one is long beach and the other is ocean park, about 10 miles apart. You can drive from one town to the other on the beach. I wrote the chamber of commerce to get some suggestions from them for a place to meet. Check out long beach WA on the internet http://www.funbeach.com. Late summer they have one heck of a car show, but that is the busiest weekend they have and to find a place to stay is pretty crazy. Labor day is not too crowded believe it or not. Its because they have that car show the weekend before and most people don't come back two weekends in a row. Lets talk and make it happen!
1986 turbo/diesel 4x4 SB in progress of a full frame off restoration
1981 2wd diesel LB
1981 4wd diesel SB
1982 diesel 4x4 SB
:mrgreen:
luvcamas

Re: luv at the beach

Post by luvcamas »

opps too late to edit, but check out www.opwa.com . Thats the town north of long beach.Hey mark can you drive on the oregon coast beaches ?I have been to gold beach down your way and that is a nice area and the mail boat rides are great.
1986 turbo/diesel 4x4 SB in progress of a full frame off restoration
1981 2wd diesel LB
1981 4wd diesel SB
1982 diesel 4x4 SB
:mrgreen:
swvaed
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1990 Pickup long cab 5 speed

Post by swvaed »

Sounds like fun. Wish I could make it, but I don't think my RV plans will come together this year. Are you going to have 'Driving on Sand' classes? I still remember my first time on sand. "I can do this, I've seen it on TV!" At least everyone watching had fun. :oops:
99 S10/DD
01 Jimmy/Better DD
arrowmntdiesel

Post by arrowmntdiesel »

luvcamas wrote:Hey mark can you drive on the oregon coast beaches ?

Tracy,

Only certain places can you drive on the beach and those are heavily used as playgrounds for the ATV's. I believe Florence and Horsefall's are two of them here locally. Keep working on the meet and I'm sure I will make time to get up there. Activities that are Pup oriented are good and leave plenty of time to shoot the breeze. :D

Mark
AAS degree Diesel Technology 2014, 15 yrs Isuzu Pup diesels. Owner: Arrow-Mountain Diesel services & Arrow-Mnt Windows, Medford, OR. Love God! One Marriage-One Wife, 2 awesome young ladies as my kids. Happily Married for 30+ years. One Blessed Man!