Pacific NW P'up Meet - - Adding Images to the Gallery

If you're on the West Coast or close to it, please make sure your "Location" is filled out in your forum profile. Larry (quicknotslow) is hoping to send out PMs regarding plans for this.
Paul

Pacific NW P'up Meet - - Adding Images to the Gallery

Postby Paul » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:35 am

Hi All--

Marie and I arrived home last night after a very pleasant time at the meet and a good road trip as well.

Mark and Teresa and all the rest of the Martin family were wonderful hosts. We felt like family from the moment of our arrival.

Mark has an excellent collection of P'ups which should keep him busy for a while. :D There were about 11 visiting P'ups and three Troopers. If you can count more than 11 they are probably Mark's.

I am posting my photos to the Gallery instead of in this thread as there are a lot of them and the files are pretty big. They will be added slowly over the next several days. Check them out.

Regards and many thanks to the Martins---

Paul
'84 P'UP 2 wd diesel, 5 spd with 0.78 fifth gear and differential back to 3.73.

puttputtinpup

Re: Pacific NW P'up Meet - - Adding Images to the Gallery

Postby puttputtinpup » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:33 am

Paul, I'm anxious to see the pictures. If you have an photo shop program, do you think you could add the names of the attendees, and their trucks? There should be an option to change the resolution a bit like from a BMP to a JPG file to save on upload time. Another thing...I know StevePT mentioned once before, that his work blocks any links to photo hosting sites such as Photobucket, and I'm sure the Isuzupup Gallery as well. And you're still using dial-up I hear?? :shock: Just jokin'. I'm glad you got pictures. :idea: Do you know how to burn CD's?
Andy

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Postby JoeIsuzu » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:25 pm

puttputtinpup wrote:There should be an option to change the resolution a bit like from a BMP to a JPG file to save on upload time. Another thing...I know StevePT mentioned once before, that his work blocks any links to photo hosting sites such as Photobucket, and I'm sure the Isuzupup Gallery as well.
Paul and I have been communicating via PM. He actually shot RAW images. This is the format of professionals when the highest quality is desired. I believe RAW stores each color layer discretely, and allows editing of each individual layer. He's way ahead of most of us.

I doubt the Gallery is blocked, it's not a big target like Photobucket and other popular sites.

And Paul DOES have access to a broadband connection.

Jack

StevePT

Postby StevePT » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:47 pm

Nope, the gallery is not blocked at my work. Just sites like photobucket...

puttputtinpup

Postby puttputtinpup » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:09 pm

Sounds great! Post away! I can't wait.
Andy

Paul

Postby Paul » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:36 pm

Hi Jack & Andy & All--

Yes, I know how to resize and use jpg compression and am ,in fact, using both for the images I've posted so far, which is eight. Unfortunately, I am stuck with dial up at home unless I want to spring for a satellite connection and I am too cheap for that.

I can burn a CD for anyone who wants one when I am all done processing. In the meantime check out the Gallery. I will be uploading some more images tonight.

Paul
'84 P'UP 2 wd diesel, 5 spd with 0.78 fifth gear and differential back to 3.73.

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Postby JoeIsuzu » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:10 am

And here's the link toPaul's album in the Gallery. That group shot is GREAT!

Jack

The gallery is out of commission.
Last edited by puttputtinpup on Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: gallery is dead

edwright

Postby edwright » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:24 am

Paul wrote:Hi Jack & Andy & All--

Yes, I know how to resize and use jpg compression and am ,in fact, using both for the images I've posted so far, which is eight. Unfortunately, I am stuck with dial up at home unless I want to spring for a satellite connection and I am too cheap for that.

I can burn a CD for anyone who wants one when I am all done processing. In the meantime check out the Gallery. I will be uploading some more images tonight.

Paul

You do NOT want satellite - I have regretted getting it since the day they put it in. It is HORRIBLE- slow connections, unreliable and they have oversold the bandwidth so bad that you can't even read a simple text email at about 5pm when everyone gets home and plops down in front of the PC. Dialup is FASTER in many cases and dialup doesnt have a 4 second lag before ANY data flows.

Verizon just expanded their EVDO network out to my area and I am so thankful to have it. It's nowhere near the comcast connection I had in town and it's probably about the same speed as DSL, but oh what a relief to have it. no lag, good download speeds and it doesnt go out when there is a little rainstorm. I just got the little USB keyfob and plugged it in and Voila! internet! it's awesome.

Ed
1986 Trooper Turbo Diesel LS Red
1986 Trooper Turbo Diesel White
1986 Trooper Turbo Diesel LS Blue

"If by "drag machine" you mean a little truck to transport cross dressers then it should work out just fabulous" VeggieNate

Twin_Stacks

Postby Twin_Stacks » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:32 am

edwright wrote: It is HORRIBLE- slow connections, unreliable and they have oversold the bandwidth so bad that you can't even read a simple text email at about 5pm when everyone gets home and plops down in front of the PC. Dialup is FASTER in many cases and dialup doesnt have a 4 second lag before ANY data flows.
Ed

:shock: Are you serious? That does make since. Amanda's family has satellite. HER internet sucks. It always disconnects. You would think that the IP's would use fiber optic nowdays, are they? Or do they still use copper? I know a lot of places are going to fiber, but they haven't done it locally here yet...
Jared
1986 Isuzu Pup diesel, 5spd, 3" stacks, custom flat bed

edwright

Postby edwright » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:19 pm

No fiber here. Im so far out I cant even get cable TV.
1986 Trooper Turbo Diesel LS Red
1986 Trooper Turbo Diesel White
1986 Trooper Turbo Diesel LS Blue

"If by "drag machine" you mean a little truck to transport cross dressers then it should work out just fabulous" VeggieNate

Twin_Stacks

Postby Twin_Stacks » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:29 pm

That sucks, I'm either on dialup, or borrowing a neighbors wireless signal.
Jared

trooper T/diesel

Postby trooper T/diesel » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:22 pm

beat this :lol:
no cable,
no verizen.
no free wireless signal.
and no cellphone signal.
are dialup was 13.5K on a good day :shock:
we got DSL about three years ago.
they literly ran out of phone numbers, :lol: and had to put in a digetal juncin box to lower it from too to one phone line per phone number. :lol:
the box is also used for the DSL.

they just put three faze power up the road about a year ago.
they wanted $15,000 grand. to put in a meter for three faze power :shock:
soot fart wrote:if god had intended for us to drive automatics, he wouldn't have given us two feet

rust free frame 1981 4wd luv for sale no engine\trans Cliky to see

hearsthe
weather forecast for NW OR
10 Commandments of Hypermiling

Twin_Stacks

Postby Twin_Stacks » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:19 pm

:shock:
You'd figure they could subnet them enough to not have these problems. Let alone no reception to boonies. WE HAVE TECHNOLOGY TOO!!!
Jared

StevePT

Postby StevePT » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:58 pm

At home I'm on the Verizon EVDO network and it's good but needs to be reset every now and then. It does bog down at peak hours of the day, but it's a vast improvement over dial-up. They just put a wireless tower in the neighbor's field across the way so we're going to look into that...
'82 P'up Diesel 4x4___'86 P'up TurboD 4x2
Image Image

puttputtinpup

Postby puttputtinpup » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:29 pm

JoeIsuzu wrote:And here's the link to Paul's album in the Gallery. That group shot is GREAT!

Jack

I agree with you, Jack. That's a great shot! What kind of camera are you using Paul? Mark, Marsha wants to know what kind of cute dog is Teresa holding? Is it a Cocker Spaniel of some kind? Our Cocker Spaniel's name is Charlie. Paul or Mark, if you could provide me with the names I've missed, I'll try to add them to the picture here on the thread.
Ok....what is Cronk's friend's name? One of you says it's Randy, the other says Scott. I've figured out now that David and Kent are missing from the picture. I'll try to add them somehow in the future.

Here's the picture edited in a larger size. Click the picture a couple of times and it will get huge!
Pacific NW P_up Group 2008 large.jpg

HERE'S a link to the photo gallery and the original photograph.
Andy

(gallery is dead)
Last edited by puttputtinpup on Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “West Coast U.S.”