West Coast meet Poll Questions

If you're on the West Coast or close to it, please make sure your "Location" is filled out in your forum profile. Larry (quicknotslow) is hoping to send out PMs regarding plans for this.

Activities interested in on Saturday

Poll ended at Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:55 pm

Mechanical How-too's (gas or diesel)
21%
Fellowshiping and bench-racing
17%
Small caliber shooting range
15%
Dirt bike trails
4%
4X4 trail
8%
Swap meet area
15%
Would anyone be interested in working on a project truck?
21%

Total votes: 48

arrowmntdiesel

West Coast meet Poll Questions

Postby arrowmntdiesel » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:55 pm

In preparing for this event that is rapidly approaching, there are a few questions that if answered would be most helpful in getting ready.

Let's see if I can make the poll option work in this multi question poll? :?

Ok,
It looks as though I can only ask one poll question, so here are a few more that can be commented on by a posted reply.

#1 Are you planning on camping with or with out hook-ups.

#2 Motel?

#3 Families are welcome!
A. will you be bringing your Spouce (Mall trip)?
B. Will you be bringing along your children? Ages?

#4 Are you open to a Saturday evening Barbeque/ Potluck dinner with all involved and a campfire circle in the evening to shoot some more hot air? :D (and semores)

Not wanting to make this too complicated, but at the same time......No Bordum Allowed!!!

Thanks for your imput and your additional Ideas!!!

Mark
AAS degree Diesel Technology 2014, 10 yrs Isuzu Pup diesels. Owner: Arrow-Mountain Diesel services & Arrow-Mnt Windows, Medford, OR. Love God! One Marriage-One Wife, 2 awesome young ladies as my kids. Happily Married for 25+ years. One Blessed Man!

Paul

Re: West Coast meet Poll Questions

Postby Paul » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:58 am

Mark--

My wife will be coming with me and we will most likely stay in the motel you mentioned. I would like to camp out with you guys and bring my dirt bike but maybe another time.

I can bring along a disasembled pump for show and tell if that sounds good.

Also, I like to shoot photos so will try to document things and maybe get a group photo.

Regards--

Paul
'84 P'UP 2 wd diesel, 5 spd with 0.78 fifth gear and differential back to 3.73.

puttputtinpup

Postby puttputtinpup » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:34 pm

Get some digital video, Paul. We had VHS video taken of our Charlotte meet, but I haven't seen it yet.
Andy

Cronk

Postby Cronk » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:49 pm

Mark,

I'll be camping and will be by myself. I would be willing to chip in on the potluck dinner.
Sounds like you've thought this through so I'm open to learning a thing or two from both the social part and the how too guides.

I can help with the how too if you want: If you have any old car bodys or oxidized paint (Larry), I can bring my buffer and go over how to rub out the oxidized paint. Or, I could give "A Redneck's Guide to Making a Spraypaint job Not Look Like Spraypaint".

Also, I should have a spare transmission we can break apart and look at. Mine has a bad whine and I have a replacement in the works.
"Tougher that the world's toughest roads. Isuzu Driving into your future."

puttputtinpup

Postby puttputtinpup » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:06 am

Mark how about a windshield replacement demo? Without leaks!!! Mine still leaks. :( Tired of taking it back to them.
No, it doesn't mean I'm coming to OR
Andy

Spacecabdiesel

Postby Spacecabdiesel » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:32 am

I would be bringing my wife and two daughters, an 8 year old and a 14 year old if I get my spacecab back on the road, my S15 diesel if I get the timing fixed with just my wife, or my 82 LUV diesel rust bucket by myself if the other stuff does not get done quickly enough. I would love to show of my hodge-podge Spacecab and show how to make a power-stearing bracket, or modify wallmart boat seats to fit a spacecab rear area. I can bring an extra injector pump and injectors for some-one to demonstrate the setting of the pop=off etc. I will be camping.... the more I think about it the more I think I will ditch the kids regardless of the vehicle.. the wife and I need to get away! She is an exellent cook, so potluck sounds great, and my B-Day is the 23rd so maybe some cake will come too, LOL, please send me directions from I5 heading south.
Terry Will (Spacecabdiesel)

arrowmntdiesel

Postby arrowmntdiesel » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:34 am

Terry,

That sounds great! Lot's for the girls to do if you bring them. I myself have two daughters very close to the same age. Teresa will be here also and may make a run into the Mall with any ladies who want to go. Plenty of room to camp and easy to get to.

I-5 exit 48, two imediate left's through the stop sign plus 8 miles on East Evans Creek road. Look for the Isuzu Pups on the right hand side of the road and a sign for the meet.

Look forward to seeing you and meeting all.

Mark Martin
541-840-0829
AAS degree Diesel Technology 2014, 10 yrs Isuzu Pup diesels. Owner: Arrow-Mountain Diesel services & Arrow-Mnt Windows, Medford, OR. Love God! One Marriage-One Wife, 2 awesome young ladies as my kids. Happily Married for 25+ years. One Blessed Man!