WEST COAST MEET

If you're on the West Coast or close to it, please make sure your "Location" is filled out in your forum profile. Larry (quicknotslow) is hoping to send out PMs regarding plans for this.
quicknotslow

Re: WEST COAST MEET

Post by quicknotslow »

Hi All,

I've copied the list and I'm going to try to do this. With the list in front of me. If I have any problems do I go to computer dummy . com?
Larry

1982 LONG BED DIESEL
1986 TURBO SPACE CAB With 59034 Miles
arrowmntdiesel

Post by arrowmntdiesel »

Larry,

I will do what I can to assist you, just let me know how. Late September to October can be a good time of the year. Just starting to cool down in the evening as fall is starting to make it's presence known. Kids should be back in school and friday night football games at the high school are going. Let's see what kind of feedback from other members we get in reguards to the date. If not alot of feedback comes in, then the next best thing to do is just set a date that works for you and I and let everyone know.

Andy,

I sure hope there is a Mall around, I know I've contributed to the mall fund after a Pup sale but never followed Teresa there to make sure that is what it is being spent on! :roll: Just kidding! It's about 35 minutes away. No shopping allowed on the day of the meet though. The wives of Pup owners are pretty special girls and would love have them meet not only each other but I've got to hear some of the stories that are told. :lol: That evening around the fire I'm sure the sparks (and stories) will be flying.

Mark
AAS degree Diesel Technology 2014, 15 yrs Isuzu Pup diesels. Owner: Arrow-Mountain Diesel services & Arrow-Mnt Windows, Medford, OR. Love God! One Marriage-One Wife, 2 awesome young ladies as my kids. Happily Married for 30+ years. One Blessed Man!
quicknotslow

Post by quicknotslow »

Mark,

Thanks I'm going to try to get the PM out to get feed back. The Fall would be better I think that way gives more Members time to work it in to there time frame. That would be funny to hear what the Wives say about there Other Halves weakness for The Pups and Troopers We have. That alone would be worth the drive.
Larry

1982 LONG BED DIESEL
CabezonBD

Post by CabezonBD »

Doesnt surprise me that Larry (quicknotslow) jumped right in and volunteered to do this. Larry...you da man!!!!!!

For those of you that dont know too much about Larry, I can tell you he is an exceptional individual who always is one to help. He has been the number one reason my Pup has turned from a "wreck" to the beauty it is starting to turn into. He has always sacraficed his time to help me. His truck didnt get the attention, yet he always found time to help me. I owe you Larry.

I appreciate all you have done for me, giving my dad's truck back new life....Thank You.

I look forward to this meeting, Larry if you need any thing....you know my number.
----Pat

1982 Diesel Pup, 2wd 5 spd, longbed QRP ----Daily Driver
1998 Diesel F-250, 4x4, SC, longbed QRO
1993 Davis Cortez --22 ft saltwater fishing boat
Gamedragon11290

Post by Gamedragon11290 »

Even though I do not live on the west coast I suggest you run raffles and such as a benefit to programs like St. Jude Childrens hospital, My family at domino's pizza (mainly my mom) worked with Harley Davidson of Crystal River, FL to put together a full day bike and poker run for the benefit of St. Jude so it would be cool so see The Pup owners give some community support as well, obviously any good cause would be nice. I missed my chance at suggesting this for the east coast meet so i figured i would give it here.
1991 Isuzu Pup with the 2.3 (CARB) with a 5 speed.
The Assistant Manager of Crystal River Domino's Pizza
Rusty Pup

Post by Rusty Pup »

I would love to steer Old Rusty inland and camp out in the valley this fall. Keep me in the loop please.
1985 Diesel Pup LB (Rusty)
1982 Diesel Pup LB
arrowmntdiesel

Post by arrowmntdiesel »

RustyPup,

That would be great, Del Norte county is just a few hours away and one of the most beautiful drives in the nation. Right up through the Smith river canyon. Some of the clearest water left around and the fishing I've heard is increadible when the salmon are running! :D Keep an eye on the board here and a date will be set hopefully soon.

Mark
AAS degree Diesel Technology 2014, 15 yrs Isuzu Pup diesels. Owner: Arrow-Mountain Diesel services & Arrow-Mnt Windows, Medford, OR. Love God! One Marriage-One Wife, 2 awesome young ladies as my kids. Happily Married for 30+ years. One Blessed Man!
ghohn

Post by ghohn »

I'd be interested. I just moved to Portland last week!
81 LUV 4x4 4speed 264k
overland47

Post by overland47 »

Should have moved a few weeks ago.......shipping would have been a lot cheaper :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
-Anthony

Image Image
ghohn

Post by ghohn »

Yeah, after the mail guy left the cylinder head on the porch, I thought about that seeing how heavy it is!
81 LUV 4x4 4speed 264k
P'upGirl

Post by P'upGirl »

I'm down for a road trip! And I'm sure my boyfriend would be in hog heaven to see all those little trucks!! I'll keep an eye out for a date. Anytime is good for me... :D
Two 1983 Isuzu P'up 4x4 Diesels
1982 Mercedes Benz 300D TurboDiesel
JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Post by JoeIsuzu »

P'upGirl wrote:I'm down for a road trip!
A road trip is one thing...but a road trip in a P'up, now that's a whole 'nuther story.

We drove about 1,300 miles round trip to the meet in Charlotte. Think gluteus crampinitis...but it was all good, and well worth it!
cohort

Post by cohort »

Still interested, still in Seattle.
'84 Base Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed

Parts wishlist:
Dk brown lower steering column cover, jack, bracket for jack, grille logo, tailgate (esp if dk brown)
quicknotslow

Post by quicknotslow »

cohort,

I'm still trying to figure out how to send the emails out. I have the draft made just not to computer savy. I'm limited to the amount that I can be on the computer. The time that we are shooting for is Oct. 2008.
Larry

1982 LONG BED DIESEL
puttputtinpup

Post by puttputtinpup »

quicknotslow wrote:cohort,

I'm still trying to figure out how to send the emails out. I have the draft made just not to computer savy. I'm limited to the amount that I can be on the computer. The time that we are shooting for is Oct. 2008.

Let me know when you want to do it, and I'll walk you through it. You'll have to have two separate windows open to the site. One w/ the list of names, the other on the PM compose page. HI-lite the names one at a time w/ your mouse then hit ctrl+c to copy, then put your cursor in the address box on the compose PM page, hit ctrl+v to paste the name hit the enter button, then go to the other window to get another name and transfer it the same way. Unless there's another faster way. When you get all the names in there, hit the "add" button on the bottom of the address box.
Andy