WEST COAST MEET

If you're on the West Coast or close to it, please make sure your "Location" is filled out in your forum profile. Larry (quicknotslow) is hoping to send out PMs regarding plans for this.
Red0ktober

Re: WEST COAST MEET

Postby Red0ktober » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:31 am

I just drove through that area this last week on a trip to California.

The Trooper is a nice ride, the power of the 3.4L makes a big difference on the freeway, and it has cruise control too. I-Mark is the economical choice though.

October is a busy time for me, don't know if I could manage it anyway.
'90 Isuzu Trooper LS - 3.4L GM V6 with MPFI
'81 Isuzu I-Mark LS Diesel - sold :(

CabezonBD

Postby CabezonBD » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:01 am

Are we closing in on a date for this event?

I hope this still happens.
----Pat

1982 Diesel Pup, 2wd 5 spd, longbed QRP ----Daily Driver
1998 Diesel F-250, 4x4, SC, longbed QRO
1993 Davis Cortez --22 ft saltwater fishing boat

84dieselpu'p

Postby 84dieselpu'p » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:16 pm

I would definetly be wiling to drive if I can get my trooper running cause i th LS longbed is not easy to drive that far. But whatever i would go for like a day and chat and then head out to seatle to see friends:)
1984 Diesel LS longbed Currently for sale
1986 Trooer turbo/d (the build)
2000 EBP civic si now boosted 14psi daily driver.
1986 Spacecal LS, soon to be converted to Turbo/D and streched out for a 8ft bed.
1986 Diesel longbed DLX California edition.

arrowmntdiesel

Postby arrowmntdiesel » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:30 pm

Great!!

Keep an eye on the board and watch for the date. I'm very flexible and would like all that want to come to be able to make it.

Mark
AAS degree Diesel Technology 2014, 10 yrs Isuzu Pup diesels. Owner: Arrow-Mountain Diesel services & Arrow-Mnt Windows, Medford, OR. Love God! One Marriage-One Wife, 2 awesome young ladies as my kids. Happily Married for 25+ years. One Blessed Man!

Dpupman

Postby Dpupman » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:51 am

I'm new at this. I'm near Sacremento, Ca. and would be very interested in going anywhere on the west coast. How do I get on that list. It seems that someone had a place. Lets do it. The place does have to be beer friendly though.
David
74duckman
Owner of two gas Troopers, one P'up diesel slowly being restored
One 1955 Mack thermodyne diesel dump truck, Ford 350 6.9 and
Motorcycles; SV 650 Suzuki, 748 74 Ducati, 850 Moto Guzzi Eldorado
and a few bicycles

sourgrout

Postby sourgrout » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:28 pm

so is the date october 25th/26th. what about accommodations.... I assume camping out.. how chilly are the nights down there around that time. will we be able to have camp fires? Beer friendly? Family friendly? whats the scoop. My wife and I have the needed camping gear so were ready. Maybe the date should be flexible either one week ahead or after in case of weather. Do we need to all chip in for a potta potty? firewood? How about a flyer with what to bring so on and so forth. Im ready plus I owe a dipstick to quicknotslow that i spaced

arrowmntdiesel

Postby arrowmntdiesel » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:16 am

Joe,

Are you still not good for that weekend?

sourgrout wrote:so is the date october 25th/26th. what about accommodations.... I assume camping out.. how chilly are the nights down there around that time. will we be able to have camp fires? Beer friendly? Family friendly? whats the scoop. My wife and I have the needed camping gear so were ready. Maybe the date should be flexible either one week ahead or after in case of weather. Do we need to all chip in for a potta potty? firewood? How about a flyer with what to bring so on and so forth. Im ready plus I owe a dipstick to quicknotslow that i spaced

As far as the accomadations go,, Yes, Camping is eaily done, we have plenty of space and have water and power close by. If you don't want to camp, then the closest hotel is about 8 mile away and is a best western right by the Rogue River. NICE hotel. I am certainly hoping that by that time of the year the fire restrictions will be lifted. Just depends upon the amount of rain fall between now and then. As far as firewood goes, There is more than enough here!!! Fact is, if you need firewood, bring an empty bed and I will send you home with some!! Most definantly family friendly. If any of you have quads or motorcycles, bring them. Lots of trails to ride and my girls will be on theirs. Beer as a casual drink will be acceptable, But drunkeness Will NOT be tolerated! Besides, you are going to want to stay sharp with some of the acctivites planned. I will have a target shoot area set up for part of the time, so light firearms are also welcome. We must protect and exersize our 2nd amendment right!!! :D :!:

I have not contacted any other members yet for any technical "how to's" demonstrations, My plan would be to have a diesel injector rebuild, I have a Pop testor and a few extra injectors and I can get the kits from Jerry. I have never done one yet, so I am looking for a volunteer. Also I am thinking maybe "SkybluePup" can do a how to on a gas engine part? How bout it??? I am open for any suggestions. I'm not one that just sits around a campfire when camping, I need something to keep me occupied.

Joe, I really like that date, but I also really want you here and to see your trooper. The weekend prior to that is the 18th and 19th. The 18th is Teresa's birthday and the 21st is our 19th wedding anniversary and I would like to make it to my 20th, so I need to walk gentle around these dates!! :) , OK now let's all make this happen together.

Mark
AAS degree Diesel Technology 2014, 10 yrs Isuzu Pup diesels. Owner: Arrow-Mountain Diesel services & Arrow-Mnt Windows, Medford, OR. Love God! One Marriage-One Wife, 2 awesome young ladies as my kids. Happily Married for 25+ years. One Blessed Man!

Dpupman

Postby Dpupman » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:29 pm

October is real good for me. Some one needs to make an executive decision. I'd be happy to car (truck pool). My zuzu probably won't be back together by then. I'll most likely drive my Toyota wagon with some tools, as I would expect there might be deeeeaaaaallllls available. and I like beer friendly.
I'm still learning this thingee. I'm David Edwards, I have the zuzu p'up from the mines of utah. I live in Wallace, Ca. about 30 miles east of Stockton.
and a few bicycles

arrowmntdiesel

Postby arrowmntdiesel » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:39 pm

OK,

I've got to keep the original date of October 25-26th. I have looked at other dates, but keep coming back to this one. Joe Cronk is now able to make this work and everyone else that has been in contact with me say it's good also. So we have got to make this date stick. Most likely we will have had some rain by then and an evening campfire will be in order.

I need volunteers for different activities to participate in on Saturday. So start sending ideas that will be benificial to our hobby and other members. I will start putting together an itinerary for the two days.

Thanks for everyone's participation!

Mark

Dpupman

Postby Dpupman » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:17 pm

I can do anythng ( sounds good ) from rebuild injectors to tranies, welding what ever. I'll probably arrive Friday afternoon and leave Sunday Afternoon and will help with anything you need. I have designed and built my own pop testr for under $200 and did my injectors for my nissan/scout diesel and volvo/ vw diesel for 20 years. I'm looking forwarde to retooling for zuzu injectors. Where are you, I'm guessing Medford area?
DAvid Edwards
and a few bicycles

quicknotslow

Postby quicknotslow » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:36 pm

Dave,

We Can give You a lift. I I'm driving I can swing by a pick you up. No problem with that. I'm most likely going to stay at the motel down the road from Marks or camp if the back is up to it. Give Me shout if that cool with You.
Larry

1982 LONG BED DIESEL
1986 TURBO SPACE CAB With 59034 Miles

Dpupman

Postby Dpupman » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:00 pm

quicknotslow wrote:Dave,

We Can give You a lift. I I'm driving I can swing by a pick you up. No problem with that. I'm most likely going to stay at the motel down the road from Marks or camp if the back is up to it. Give Me shout if that cool with You.

David Edwards replys, If you're talking to me, I'm about 1.5 hours out of your way and that would be great. My kids graduated from North County High School. I know the Salinas area fairly well as I graduated from Carmel High. I'll most likely be camping out. I'd want to split driving and gas, I realize it will take only a few gallons. My phone number is 209 763 2882. I'm on Hwy 12 near Commanche Reseviour. (no spell check in this program)
and a few bicycles

arrowmntdiesel

Postby arrowmntdiesel » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:42 pm

74duckman wrote:I can do anythng ( sounds good ) from rebuild injectors to tranies, welding what ever. I'll probably arrive Friday afternoon and leave Sunday Afternoon and will help with anything you need. I have designed and built my own pop testr for under $200 and did my injectors for my nissan/scout diesel and volvo/ vw diesel for 20 years. I'm looking forwarde to retooling for zuzu injectors. Where are you, I'm guessing Medford area?
DAvid Edwards

Great,

We will stay in touch! Exit 48 on Interstate 5 + 8miles north on a country road. The motel is right off of the exit and is a best western. Inn at the Rogue is the name of it and the town is Rogue River, Or.

Mark

Cronk

Postby Cronk » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:00 am

Yes that date is good, I'll be bringing my tent and sleeping bag!
And yes I'll be in the Trooper. If it will fit on those trails I'll give you guys a how to off road a Isuzu Trooper demonstration!
"Tougher that the world's toughest roads. Isuzu Driving into your future."

Spacecabdiesel

Postby Spacecabdiesel » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:04 am

OK guys! I am turning 43 on the 23rd! Wife asked what I want for my B-day... The first since we married last Dec., now I know what I want... ROAD TRIP!!! Lets have some exact directions so I can find you!
I may drive my S15 Diesel if I can't get my engine back in my Spacecab soon enough. Worst case I will drive my 82 LUV rust bucket diesel.
Spacecabdiesel