GEN2 N\W Oregon area meet, June 29, 2013

If you're on the West Coast or close to it, please make sure your "Location" is filled out in your forum profile. Larry (quicknotslow) is hoping to send out PMs regarding plans for this.

idea is.........

grate
71%
good
29%
ok
No votes
bad
No votes
ugly
No votes

Total votes: 7

Halden
Isuzu vehicle(s): 83 Dsl LS Long Bed 4x4, 82 Dsl 2wd Short Bed 5 spd

Re: GEN2 N\W Oregon area meet, June 29, 2013

Post by Halden »

To those who attended,
It was great to see some of you again and it was great to meet those of you who I'd never met in person.
Paul, that truck of yours looks pretty amazing. Kyle, nice gasser!
David, thanks for you're efforts in putting it together, letting us use the grange, and providing meals. Also it was great visiting with your family. I appreciate their efforts as well.

Hopefully next year I can organize a meet up here in WA it's usually cooler here and we are around civilization!

Hope everyone had/will have a safe trip home!

-Halden
It's not pronounced "Ih-soo-zoo", it's pronounced "It-screws-you"
83 LS Long Box Dsl 4x4
82 Short Box Dsl 5 spd
64 Chevy C20 w/ 283 & 4 speed.
05 Sonata with a standard
JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Post by JoeIsuzu »

Pictures?

Jack
Kylereidzilla
Isuzu vehicle(s): '95 Trooper Limited, '86 P'up Spacecab LS 2.3 (sold)

Post by Kylereidzilla »

Just pulled in the driveway! Safe and sound! 550 miles all together!
Now time to see how my dashcam pictures from the roadtrip worked out!
'86 P'up Spacecab LS 2.3 - Repainted in Claret Red - Sold
'99 Nissan Stagea RS Four S - Modified running 17 lbs of boost.. 'till it blew up
'95 Trooper Limited - On 33x12.5's
'13 Kawasaki KLR 650 - OD green War Pig!
iPupGary

Post by iPupGary »

I just got home today. Paul stopped by the house on the way home for a Trooper project and Veggie processor grand tour. Anyone else interested to see the Trooper Project in the local area is more than welcome. Just send me a PM and we can set up a time to meet.

I'll be posting some video of the meet after I get a chance to edit the video. Stay tuned...

I had a great time! I would like to thank TrooperT, his mom and his dad for a great time, food and company! TrooperT's mom made some killer dishes and those semi-sweet chocolate peanut clusters were unreal! WOW, what a cook!

The group size was a little lighter this time but it gave me more time to share with the people that were there. There was never a dull moment. Lots of great Pup info and I should be planning a few new smaller projects for improving my Pup. I was glad to see some new enthusiastic faces at the meet and some younger blood in the group.

I hope to post a few new Veggie Experiences soon as well. The veggie process learning never stops or should I say, the challenge never ends.

Let's think about the next NW Pup meet for next year! Up North? Down South?

-Gary
1982 Chevy Luv 2wd short bed diesel w/ veggie conversion (under construction)
1999 Isuzu Trooper 3.5L Gas
Pupfocused

Post by Pupfocused »

I just got back to Portland. I spent last night in Nehalem OR.

I want to thank TrooperT and his family for all the effort of hosting the meet and the great food. It was nice to see some newer members that I had not meet in person. The turn out was a little low. I had a good time.

Paul had a good idea on the format of PUP MEETS on this forum. The concept is to list the meets that are going to happen in the top section, center section for meets that may happen and a lower section listing past meets.

This meet was listed at the bottom of the section and under a different heading. It could be one reason for the low turn out. I am sure there are others.

I also want to thank Paul for looking at the box of turbo parts.

Jim
1981 diesel pup(gone)
1985 4x4 diesel pup
1986 diesel trooper
JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Post by JoeIsuzu »

Pupfocused wrote:Paul had a good idea on the format of PUP MEETS on this forum. The concept is to list the meets that are going to happen in the top section, center section for meets that may happen and a lower section listing past meets.

Noted. I like that idea. It solves some other problems as well. We've seen meets that morph from one location to another, and it's hard to organize them geographically.

I'll get to this when I can.

Jack
Halden
Isuzu vehicle(s): 83 Dsl LS Long Bed 4x4, 82 Dsl 2wd Short Bed 5 spd

Post by Halden »

Jim, It was great meeting you and seeing and hearing that rare gem of a trooper you have!

--Halden
It's not pronounced "Ih-soo-zoo", it's pronounced "It-screws-you"
83 LS Long Box Dsl 4x4
82 Short Box Dsl 5 spd
64 Chevy C20 w/ 283 & 4 speed.
05 Sonata with a standard
iPupGary

Post by iPupGary »

Someone left their folding chair at the meet. I have it if someone wants to claim it. Hopefully someone local...

-Gary

DSCN5587.JPG
1982 Chevy Luv 2wd short bed diesel w/ veggie conversion (under construction)
1999 Isuzu Trooper 3.5L Gas
Paul

Post by Paul »

Hi All--

Just got home two hours ago. 2120 miles over six days @ 45.74 mpg driving at about 55 mph.

Had a great time and trip. Thanks to David and his mom and dad who provided a feast. The PNW is a gorgeous green place to live.

I have some photos which I will post in a few days.

Paul
'84 P'UP 2 wd diesel, 5 spd with 0.78 fifth gear and differential back to 3.73.
JoeIsuzu
Site Admin

Post by JoeIsuzu »

Paul wrote:2120 miles over six days @ 45.74 mpg driving at about 55 mph.

That's pretty amazing! This truck has a turbo, right? I'm guessing the .78 overdrive moves the "sweet spot" up a little bit, compared to the stock overdrive. I think Jerry said that Isuzu's engineers got their best economy at around 47.

Jack
soot fart

Post by soot fart »

Unless Paul put a turbo in it in the interim. Non turbo at 2011 meet I believe. Jerry
Pupfocused

Post by Pupfocused »

soot fart wrote:Unless Paul put a turbo in it in the interim. Non turbo at 2011 meet I believe. Jerry

Jerry
Paul has one of the nicest pups that I have ever seen. You might not have been able to see the turbo under all the modifications he has done to his pup. Every time I look at Pauls truck I see some that I did not see before. There are some pictures of his engine compartment at one of the past meets posted you should check it out.
Jim
1981 diesel pup(gone)
1985 4x4 diesel pup
1986 diesel trooper
soot fart

Post by soot fart »

Yes I remember how sweet that engine looked but I don't remember the Turbo. I have been getting forgetfull more so lately, I'd give you some examples but I forgot what they were. Jerry

No hood scoop right?
JoeIsuzu
Site Admin

Post by JoeIsuzu »

Paul has at least one turbo in the family, and it has a Saab intercooler that he adapted to fit.

Jack
Paul

Post by Paul »

Well, everyone is pretty much right. My truck does have a turbo, sort of hidden under the (Saab 9000) intercooler piping. And, no hood scoop. This is an upgraded naturally aspirated truck, '84.

This is better mileage than I got two years ago on the same trip. It was about 43.5 mpg then.

Jim, thanks for the kind words.

Paul
'84 P'UP 2 wd diesel, 5 spd with 0.78 fifth gear and differential back to 3.73.