GEN2 N\W OR meet and greet??

If you're on the West Coast or close to it, please make sure your "Location" is filled out in your forum profile. Larry (quicknotslow) is hoping to send out PMs regarding plans for this.

where OH where to go, is the question......

farther north
36%
same area
9%
same place
9%
farther south
No votes
east side of OR\WA area.
27%
i just don't care, ill come any where.
18%

Total votes: 11

arrowmntdiesel

Re: GEN2 N\W OR meet and greet??

Postby arrowmntdiesel » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:08 am

Halden wrote:looks like still no bites on this...

Halden,

From experience in hosting a meet....Let me tell you that if you want to have a meet, then take the lead and have it where you want it and set the date. Sure the date may change a bit as people chime in, but the ball will be rolling then. If you wait until several people have a commitment to show up, then it will always just be in the planning stage.

Figure in a place to have it and a FEW activities and let people know you are going to be there. If 10 people show up, so be it! Trust me..in your area, more than that will be there though!

Mark
AAS degree Diesel Technology 2014, 10 yrs Isuzu Pup diesels. Owner: Arrow-Mountain Diesel services & Arrow-Mnt Windows, Medford, OR. Love God! One Marriage-One Wife, 2 awesome young ladies as my kids. Happily Married for 25+ years. One Blessed Man!

luvcamas

Postby luvcamas » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:33 am

if you do it start a new thread and plan it when the nice weather comes back :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen:
1986 turbo/diesel 4x4 SB in progress of a full frame off restoration
1981 2wd diesel LB
1981 4wd diesel SB
1982 diesel 4x4 SB
:mrgreen:

Halden
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1983 Diesel LS Long Bed 4x4

Postby Halden » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:58 pm

Hey Mark, that is a really good point. I was thinking maybe having the meet in August. I'll start a new thread today or tomorrow. I'd really like to take on the challenge of hosting one of these things. Great way to meet all of the people here on the forum and make new friends.

Tracy, I'm thinking mid August, the weather is bound to be good. I bet I can get my church to open up their parking lot For a Friday-Saturday thing. There are many restos that cater in my area. And there is plenty of room to have a BBQ! I may use the national meet as a guideline for structure since I felt that it was so successful, Jack and everyone did a great job putting the whole thing together. Would you be willing to to a body work demo? If needed and given that I may still have the car, you could use my I-mark as a demo vehicle :D haha
It's not pronounced "Ih-soo-zoo", it's pronounced "It-screws-you"

luvcamas

Postby luvcamas » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:07 pm

be happy to do that :D
1986 turbo/diesel 4x4 SB in progress of a full frame off restoration
1981 2wd diesel LB
1981 4wd diesel SB
1982 diesel 4x4 SB
:mrgreen:

Levi501

Postby Levi501 » Mon May 20, 2013 3:37 pm

Halden, Mark and Luvcamas,
I have been away from the site for a little while but if you are talking about doing a second meet and greet (like the June 29 outside of Portland) in the Marysville area, I’d be willing to try and make it to that. Other than are local county fair at the end of August; I'd have plenty of open weekends in Aug or Sep, (not the weekend near the 9th). I have read everyone’s' posts on here and done plenty of work on my Luv based on all your knowledge, it'd be great to shake some hands and put avatars to faces.
Levi501
Leviwrangler@gmail{dot}com
1982 Chevy Luv Diesel 2.2L
“Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing.”
-Oliver Wendell Holmes quotes

arrowmntdiesel

Postby arrowmntdiesel » Tue May 21, 2013 7:54 am

Levi,

It would be great to have you there, but that new baby would most certainly take priority over they Pup's. Congratulations!

Mark
AAS degree Diesel Technology 2014, 10 yrs Isuzu Pup diesels. Owner: Arrow-Mountain Diesel services & Arrow-Mnt Windows, Medford, OR. Love God! One Marriage-One Wife, 2 awesome young ladies as my kids. Happily Married for 25+ years. One Blessed Man!

Halden
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1983 Diesel LS Long Bed 4x4

Postby Halden » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:32 am

I think it would be fun t have another up in Washington for those who are up in this area so they don't have to drive so far. Like a BBQ and parts exchange or something...
It's not pronounced "Ih-soo-zoo", it's pronounced "It-screws-you"

Return to “West Coast U.S.”