Early msg-5 durability behind a c223t

This is the place to discuss DIESEL engine modifications.
JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Re: Early msg-5 durability behind a c223t

Post by JoeIsuzu »

puttputtinpup wrote:Jack, I took theae old photos off my upgrade post, long pressed annd downloaded the images. The file extension was .php and when I went to add them again here on this thread, the forum software said invalid file type, so I acreenshot them and posted that way. Kinda weird but I found a workaround

That's weird. The php extension is not an image file -- it's what the pages are written in. I think you may have downloaded the pages themselves.

Jack
puttputtinpup

Post by puttputtinpup »

Try it. I long press the picture, save, and that's all i get in download folder. Tried to rename it w .jpg and didn't work
teener
Isuzu vehicle(s): 82 Chevy LUV Long Bed Diesel

Post by teener »

I had no idea roll over was a thing. I did however immediately tear apart a granny 4 speed I rebuilt once. I couldn't find anything wrong and reassembled it. I was running the truck with no tranny cover on it and the noise was terrible. I thought something was completely wrong until I covered it up.

This has been really informative, keep the transmission tips coming!
puttputtinpup

Post by puttputtinpup »

I have an '06 TJ Jeep with a 6speed and it chatters a bit idling in warm weather. I was worried about bearings, but now hearing that it may be normal, put me at ease
Dieselsmoke69
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1982 CHEVY LUV MIKADO C223 DIESEL 2wd,1981 Chevy Luv shortbed 2wd G180Z, 1981 Chevy Luv Mikado 4x4 G180Z redline weber 32/36

Post by Dieselsmoke69 »

I dont know if anybody caught this...but if you are running gear oil and now running 50 weight as you stated thats more than likely why youve had so many failures. This transmission takes 30 weight oil