Isuzu 4FB1, C223 Turbo or Header Flanges

This is the place to discuss DIESEL engine modifications.
DieselJeep

Isuzu 4FB1, C223 Turbo or Header Flanges

Post by DieselJeep »

Hey everyone,
I am starting to get some interest in having some 4FB1 engine side, turbo flanges made. However, I need to have at least a small batch punched out(water jetted) all at once to even start. I have to buy the cold rolled 3/8" plate bought prior, which is not cheap. The shop I use is a 30 mile drive, one way. I am doing this for the Isuzu diesel community more than anything else.

If I can get at least 5 or more sold, @ $50 each + shipping, I will have them made. Which is most likely much cheaper than you could have one locally. Price it at your shop. Most wanted @ $130+ to even consider making one.

I will guarantee they are flat, and all port and bolt holes will line up perfectly. My two prototypes are perfect(spare NFS).

Payment would be PayPal up front, and the shipping cost when ready. Please be in zero rush for one. We have to get enough orders for this to happen, then the order produced at the shop. If orders stall out for a month, at an order of 4, I will have them made, but will stop there. If I only get an order of 3, and no other order for a month, you get a full refund.

I am ALSO willing to have them made for C223, in batches of 5+ at a time. My machine shop is so inexpensive, that I'd bet I could help out there, AND save you money, too.

I would also be willing to engineer and produce turbo manifolds. Even for other diesels and makes. Primary design is flexible within engine compartment space constraints. But I do prefer a high flow, "equal length" primary. Log designs are NOT that, but some design changes can be made to help a great deal. Fabricating time and the farming out of professional SST tig welding won't be cheap. But well worth it when you mash the fun pedal. Expect a cost similar to a restrictive, inefficient flow iron factory manifold ordered from Australia, @ $300-400. Expect all new metal on a publicly sold manifold. I used cold rolled I had laying @ my shop on the turbo side. The turbo side is perfect and the "mottled" side is unseen mounted on my engine.

I have thousands of trouble free miles on this fast spooling, despite large turbo for CID, design now.

Email me for quicker reply @ agentc73@hotmail.com as I only visit pup 2-3 times a week.

Feel free to share this unique possibility with any other 4FB1 owner friends, or at other Isuzu diesel forums.

20200309_150247.jpg

4fb1.jpg
Unskilled, uneducated, inexperienced, tools/facilities lacking, and faint of heart, be warned:
All vehicles are hunks of crap. Designed by individuals, the majority of which, have never turned a wrench.
Which one do you want to fall in love with?
bthood
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1982 Isuzu I-mark engine 1.8 liter diesel, 1987 PUP

Re: Isuzu 4FB1, C223 Turbo or Header Flanges

Post by bthood »

Please keep me in mind. id take 2 if you ever make them.
DieselJeep

Post by DieselJeep »

I will get them punched out for you even if I get no more requests. Just have the $100 on standby.

Would be great if a few more people stepped up within the next few weeks.
ALL they have to do is call a waterjet or edm wire equipped shop and ask them how much they would charge to see I am saving them @ $100 each.

Slightly disappointed more people TALK about turbos then actually make it happen. The 4FB1 acts like a V8, turbo'd.

I even offered to make C223 flanges to try to help more ppl in the community.
And I don't even own one.
Unskilled, uneducated, inexperienced, tools/facilities lacking, and faint of heart, be warned:
All vehicles are hunks of crap. Designed by individuals, the majority of which, have never turned a wrench.
bthood

Post by bthood »

I Know that this is a stupid question but The stock intake is ok right? All I need is a turbo exhaust?
DieselJeep

Post by DieselJeep »

The stock intake is fine. There are no other choices anyways unless you are making one. You can make more power by making an intake with longer intake runner primaries, and calculating plenum area more accurately for the displacement, and smoothing the radius of the upper intake elbow "plenum". But it would be a lot of work for the gain.

Search some VW diesel intakes and you will see what I mean.
bthood

Post by bthood »

thanks
DieselJeep

Post by DieselJeep »

welp, nobody stepped up, so I guess The matter is CLOSED.
FiatSpider2

Post by FiatSpider2 »

Wish I could take you up on it however the Spiders engine compartment at best is only 39 inches wide and probably closer to 29 inches wide where the turbo charger is suspended due to the Double A Arm suspension, steering box, shock towers and wheel wells. Its a tight fit with the flat plane box tube manifold as it is now.

Appreciate your reaching out.
FiatSpider2 (4FB1 Isuzu Turbo Diesel powered 1978 Fiat Spider)
DieselJeep

Post by DieselJeep »

SO BThood talked me into having some more 4FB1 flanges punched out.

If you want one, speak up NOW, ready with funds. This will be a "short" window of opportunity.

I don't have any more 3/8" cold rolled stock, so the Mennonite shop will be supplying it.
I am waiting to hear back today for a current price quote, and shop supplying the 3/8" cold rolled plate.

The more that order, the cheaper they are.

If you every wanted to turn Isuzu's 4FB1 back into the impressive strong motor Isuzu designed, not the emasculated underpowered motor you have to wind to the moon(and wear out MUCH faster from RPM's),

NOW is your chance to buy the PROVEN in service, 4FB1 specific custom part, needed to turbo.
DieselJeep

Post by DieselJeep »

I would also like to remind people with an I-mark, or other very tight engine compartment, a turbo manifold doesn't have to be a gas velocity, flow oriented design like mine, to effectively turbo the 4FB1. You only need room for the turbo+ 2-3 inches.
Attachments
lexus-is300-turbo-manifold-supra-2jz-ge2.jpg
DieselJeep

Post by DieselJeep »

As my shop is supplying the metal, and everything being what it is, since November 3rd, 2020, the cost has nearly doubled from a year ago. :roll:

These are now $100 each, shipping included, within the 48.
joeshmoe44883

Post by joeshmoe44883 »

Yea I needed a 4x8 sheet of 3/8 for some compound turbo brackets, $1,000 a sheet!

$100 is pretty reasonable folks.
2 86 Trooper II diesels, one 4 door the other 2, both projects.
86 Jeep Cherokee Pioneer with factory 2.1L turbo diesel.
05 Jeep Liberty Limited with 2.8L diesel (totaled)
06 Chevy Silverado with duramax
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee ecodiesel
DieselJeep

Post by DieselJeep »

ALL the other shops I called wanted @ $200 to scan and punch the first one.

I wish I had bought a small run when they were half the price...
damarble
Isuzu vehicle(s): I-Mark

Post by damarble »

What's your window to act on this? I'm interested but haven't made up my mind.
DieselJeep

Post by DieselJeep »

I forgot to update this.
I am not here often.

I will take ongoing orders, but they are $100 each.

It's a lot of work. But takes the 4FB1 from a wheezy no power snail, to a complete monster that still gets awesome fuel efficiency.

agent c73 @ hotmail . com

but with no spaces, whomever wants one.
Attachments
4FB1T.jpg