Automatic AISIN 03-50 FROM AN IMARK OR CHEVETTE

This is the place to discuss DIESEL engine modifications.
bthood
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1982 Isuzu I-mark engine 1.8 liter diesel, 1987 PUP

Automatic AISIN 03-50 FROM AN IMARK OR CHEVETTE

Post by bthood »

I have a question, I bought a running 1.8 Diesel from either a Chevette or I-Mark. The engine and trans are in good running condition. I want to used this as a diesel conversion for a Ranger pickup. The biggest problem is that the slip yoke from the drive shaft is MIA!!!!! its' an 18 spline yoke. Does anyone have any ideas about what other models of Aisin transmissions might have used this same yoke? If I can't find a used one is there such a thing as a custom made yoke? If not, is there another trans that will fit this engine (it doesn't have to be an automatic as long as it will bolt on and I can find the flywheel/ clutch parts for it)? I really want to use this trans as it was told to me that this little engine was pulled from a low milage wreck 70K. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Brian
JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Re: Automatic AISIN 03-50 FROM AN IMARK OR CHEVETTE

Post by JoeIsuzu »

Brian,

While the members mull over your question, can we please get an intro (separately, in the "My P'up" section)? Even though your "P'up" is actually a Ranger.

That slip yoke was used for quite a while, and shouldn't be hard to find. Someone here should have it. I'd post in "Parts", but with a more specific Subject -- like "Need 18-spline Slip Yoke". Or check with Mike (hillbillie1) if he doesn't see this and respond.

Jack