meth injection system

This is the place to discuss DIESEL engine modifications.
bthood
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1982 Isuzu I-mark engine 1.8 liter diesel, 1987 PUP

meth injection system

Post by bthood »

Without a turbo, would a methanol injection system help with power or benefit the 2.2 engine?
JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Re: meth injection system

Post by JoeIsuzu »

Someone else may be qualified to answer that, but I think I can safely say this: The first, best performance modification anyone should do is to restore your engine to factory condition and performance. Skipping this step and adding a turbo, methanol injection, etc. is like giving your grandma anabolic steroids and saying "Now, let's race".

Jack
Halden
Isuzu vehicle(s): 83 Dsl LS Long Bed 4x4, 82 Dsl 2wd Short Bed 5 spd

Post by Halden »

I know of someone dabbling in this with a pup. I don't want to call him out. He may or may not chime in.

But I fully agree with Jack. Get the engine back to factory specs before adding stuff to it. They do pretty good for what they are when running properly.

Usually this is used to bring temperatures down to add more fuel and run higher boost.
It's not pronounced "Ih-soo-zoo", it's pronounced "It-screws-you"
83 LS Long Box Dsl 4x4
82 Short Box Dsl 5 spd
64 Chevy C20 w/ 283 & 4 speed.
05 Sonata with a standard
2sk8
Isuzu vehicle(s): 91 Isuzu Pick up converted to diesel

Post by 2sk8 »

I have a water methanol injection system installed (A DIY type).

Yes, it would benefit the C223 greatly but after you add a turbo and increase the fueling.

Without a turbo first and increasing the fueling you won't see much of a difference other than very clean combustion chambers which is a very big plus, basically you are cleaning and removing all the carbon deposits.

I once remove the head after I was running the water injection for a while and you wouldn't believe how clean everything was.

I have run the turbocharge C223 that I have up to 70% methanol and you can feel the extra power plus a lot lower EGT's.

I have the injection system pre-turbo with no ills effects whatsoever and I works better than after turbo (I tried that before).

Having the water/meth pre-turbo makes the turbo behave like a bigger turbo (You get higher boost and flow).

Hope this info helps you.

Ivan-
bthood
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1982 Isuzu I-mark engine 1.8 liter diesel, 1987 PUP

Post by bthood »

Thanks!