Anyone with experience using a 4ze1 flywheel on 4fb1?

This is the place to discuss DIESEL engine modifications.
DieselJeep

Re: Anyone with experience using a 4ze1 flywheel on 4fb1?

Post by DieselJeep »

Welcome to the world of custom engineering a motor into something that never had that motor in it.
Unskilled, uneducated, inexperienced, tools/facilities lacking, and faint of heart, be warned:
All vehicles are hunks of crap. Designed by individuals, the majority of which, have never turned a wrench.
Which one do you want to fall in love with?
BigAl51
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1986 Suzuki Samurai project, 4fb1 engine swap w/ Isuzu drive train

Post by BigAl51 »

Just to let everyone know I haven't given up on the Sammi. It just got pushed back to the rear burner while I get a couple of other vehicles straightened out.

I came up with a stop-gap measure to try to get the engine in place with the tires on the ground. I ended up cutting some pallet runners to fit between the axle and frame. This gave me the clearance for the clutch slave cylinder that I needed.

I also had to trim the trans shifter down some to keep from hitting the steering wheel. The engine and trans are not fully mounted, but I do have them where I want them. I just have to start making mounts when I can get another spare minute (like winning the lottery).

Apologies for the rotated pictures still trying to get a hand on loading them.
Engine
Engine
20211003_062905.jpg
20210918_170947.jpg
Attachments
20210918_170926.jpg
Luck will carry you further than skill any day...
BigAl51
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1986 Suzuki Samurai project, 4fb1 engine swap w/ Isuzu drive train

Post by BigAl51 »

I use to say I have more time than money, but I can tell you for a fact that I am broke on both counts...
:( :shock: :(
Luck will carry you further than skill any day...