Early msg-5 durability behind a c223t

This is the place to discuss DIESEL engine modifications.
JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Re: Early msg-5 durability behind a c223t

Postby JoeIsuzu » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:24 pm

puttputtinpup wrote:Jack, I took theae old photos off my upgrade post, long pressed annd downloaded the images. The file extension was .php and when I went to add them again here on this thread, the forum software said invalid file type, so I acreenshot them and posted that way. Kinda weird but I found a workaround

That's weird. The php extension is not an image file -- it's what the pages are written in. I think you may have downloaded the pages themselves.

Jack

puttputtinpup

Postby puttputtinpup » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:19 am

Try it. I long press the picture, save, and that's all i get in download folder. Tried to rename it w .jpg and didn't work

teener
Isuzu vehicle(s): 82 Chevy LUV Long Bed Diesel

Postby teener » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:28 pm

I had no idea roll over was a thing. I did however immediately tear apart a granny 4 speed I rebuilt once. I couldn't find anything wrong and reassembled it. I was running the truck with no tranny cover on it and the noise was terrible. I thought something was completely wrong until I covered it up.

This has been really informative, keep the transmission tips coming!

puttputtinpup

Postby puttputtinpup » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:53 am

I have an '06 TJ Jeep with a 6speed and it chatters a bit idling in warm weather. I was worried about bearings, but now hearing that it may be normal, put me at ease