‘94 Pickup Seat Help

The place to discuss problems and routine maintenance questions and tips that are NOT specifically diesel-related.
brands
Isuzu vehicle(s): 94 Pickup

‘94 Pickup Seat Help

Postby brands » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:58 pm

The seat in my 94 Pickup is beginning to fall apart and I’m wondering if anyone has a nice seat for sale or alternatively can anyone recommend a decent quality good fitting cover I can buy until such time that I can find a good used one?
Thanks!

Darby

Re: ‘94 Pickup Seat Help

Postby Darby » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:46 am

If the metal parts of your seat are okay, I suggest a good upholsterer. You'll be much more satisfied in the long run.
Original owner of a 1993 Isuzu pick up, 2.3 engine, 5 speed with power steering and air conditioning. All original except the radio (still have factory radio).
It's cheaper to fix what you have than to buy someone else's problems.

Red Truck

Re: ‘94 Pickup Seat Help

Postby Red Truck » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:32 pm

Over the years, the tropical sun did a number on the material on my bench seat, regardless of the towel-covers I hobnobbed over them. The wife hooked me up with a seat cover set from Walmart (on-line), there's no item number, but they're called "OxGord two-piece heavy duty saddle blanket bench seat covers", and at the time, went for $20.00. "Saddle Blanket" is the fabric style. They're a little oversized for the P'up, but I took the seat cushion and back out, and with a bag of hog-clips, was able to pull and secure the covers nice and tight all around. Been on there for 3 years now, look great, no rips, the fabric 'breathes', haven't slid off, and even got complements on them (Where'd you get those? Wanna put mine in?). Granted, it takes some patience, ingenuity and a do-it-yerself-attitude to install them, but we wouldn't be on this forum if we didn't have those. Apologies, I have no means of photos, but I have the tan/white/brown color pattern, very satisfied with the product.
'87 Isuzu pickup 2.3 gas, 5spd, 4WD

Return to “General Troubleshooting and Maintenance”