oil pressure build-up

The place to discuss problems and routine maintenance questions and tips that are NOT specifically diesel-related.
southernal

oil pressure build-up

Postby southernal » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:25 am

hi everyone.

im running a "G180" gas engine

less than 3000miles ago had a hone, new rings and bearings, all the valves re-seated. chap I got the motor off pulled it and put a 3.6 v6 in his pup

my problem is the faster I go the more ( im assuming) crankcase pressure builds and blows oil out around the rocker cover, the 4 bolts that holds it there. ( I had pulled the cover and put new seal around it )
I put a fancy little breather on the rocker cover (like a mini air filter) and still the oil blows out .

at idle there is no visible oil blowing out anywhere, yet after less than 20miles theres a good puddle on the rocker cover where Isuzu is stamped in to it

on the front of the sump, there is a small outlet pipe I have put a hose up to the air filter and oil blows through that

a friend suggested a new oil filter ? other than that im running identical to the original 1600 gas motor, and using the original fuel pump, carb and manifold.

Any thoughts?

Thanks Al

southernal

Re: oil pressure build-up

Postby southernal » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:05 pm

ok had another look at this problem ,, and the outcome was a little less difficult than my crooked imagination had led me to believe ..... and a "doh " moment was had .....

the 4 bolts that hold down the rocker cover,, the little seals were not sealing anymore hence the oil everywhere,, so ive packed them out with a thick washer putting further downways pressure on the seals, before doing that I also resealed the rocker cover itself...