isuzu amigo 2.6 L checklist for engine with 175k and head

The place to discuss problems and routine maintenance questions and tips that are NOT specifically diesel-related.
rcord

isuzu amigo 2.6 L checklist for engine with 175k and head

Postby rcord » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:30 pm

HI, Everybody. My friends call me ram its short for my full name. Well I don't really have an Isuzu pup but I do have a 1990 Isuzu amigo 2.6L 5spd its only a 2wd but it came lifted from the factory so I run 31x10.50 Lt tires and it came with all wheel disc brakes!!! wow I wanna see a jeep do that!! This little truck/jeep thing is awesome ha ha It was not my veh. of choice and it was in pretty bad shape with a few surprises like the engine passing water to the oil and overheating(I found out after I had bought it :( and broken power steering brackets and a few more broken things) but im fixing it slowly. I had to drive over 200 hwy miles nonstop when it overheated I just put some block sealer and prayed it made it home!! WoW It not only made it home at 80 mph but that was over a year ago and its still going with a bad engine! I love this thing ha ha well im hoping you guys can help me on fixing this thing because I don't know anything about this little 2.6L I usually work on v8 so this is new for me and you guys are the subject matter experts here so any advice please let know. I got 175,000 mi I order the timing belt, tensioner, gaskets for timing belt cover, the complete engine gasket set since it needs a headgasket (I hope its just the gasket not the whole head) what else would I need and any pointers please :) ohh and it only starts when it wants to, im not sure if its the ignition switch?? new optima battery and I don't think its the starter.