IsuzuPup.com

"If there's ever a nuclear holocaust, the only thing left will be cockroaches and Isuzu diesels." (author unknown) This site is dedicated to the humble little Isuzu P'up.
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:01 pm 

Hello everyone,
95 2.3L FI.. Been somewhat trouble free for a bit but now when I drive somewhere and come back out my truck stalls out upon start up (once its warmed up).. I've found if I rev it right away it stops the stall out, otherwise it'll just keep doing it.. Its not making the check engine light come on so I can't self diagnose the problem.. Not sure what to check.. The truck is kept in tune and not neglected.. Good air filter, wires, plugs etc.. Somewhat recent O2 sensor, belts, hoses, timing belt, fuel pump, fuel filter... Once you get past the stall it runs without a hitch, like it always has.. Would like to fix the problem though, any ideas.?
Thanks, Joe

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:58 am 

Did you get this fixed? Mine will stall sometimes after it gets hot, as in I let it idle for a while and then drive it, it will try to stall vut if I keep my foot on the gas it will eventually catch up. I have had to pull to the side of the road before. If I let it cool it will strt right back up again and go with no problems. I ahve heard it could be the EGR valve but I am planning on getting the Weber and doing away with it so I havent replaced it yet.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:48 pm 

not fixed yet.. but its hot out so my A/C's always on which 'fixes' the problem, the higher idle doesn't let it stall out for some reason.. And I have a new EGR valve on mine..