clutch/transmission problem

The place to discuss problems and routine maintenance questions and tips that are NOT specifically diesel-related.
Jaustin73a
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1989 Isuzu pickup 2.6L

clutch/transmission problem

Postby Jaustin73a » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:02 pm

well im back again with another issue....

ill start off by saying It does not do it all the time. its random. has done it 3 times in the last few weeks.

when i push the clutch in to shift into first it makes a "shudder" noise shakes the truck. if i keep pushing it in farther the engine boggs down.
if i turn the truck off and start it again, it works fine.

today i took off from work and had to stop to lock a gate, after i got back in the truck it did it again so i turned the truck off and started it again, well it took off fine til i shifted into 2nd. when i let out the clutch in second it bogged down real bad, shiftd the 3rd it ran fine. back to second it did it again a couple more times, so i stopped and turned truck off and started it again. it ran fine all the eway home and even stopped a few time and shifted from first to 2nd and so and it didnt do it again.

also this morning it didnt do the shuddering but when i shifted into first the engine just revved and it wouldnt go, then after shifting in and out like 3 times it took off.

thanks for any advice!

isuzuesque

Re: clutch/transmission problem

Postby isuzuesque » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:45 am

I don't know your what your truck has, but if it has a hydraulic clutch is the master cylinder full enough? If you get air in the line the slave cylinder will give you problems. If that is not it maybe you clutch master cylinder is having issues. Does the clutch pedal feel any different when you press on it?

John
1984 GMC S-15 Short Bed Pickup 2wd with Stock Isuzu 1.9L Gas Engine
manual 4 speed, manual steering, manual brakes, original owner, awesome!

puttputtinpup

Postby puttputtinpup » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:50 pm

According to his profile, he has a 2.6. most of those if not all have a hydraulic slave cylinder. I agree with what isuzuesque stated, there must be something wrong with the hydraulic clutch system.

Jaustin73a

Postby Jaustin73a » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:31 pm

I checked it and it’s full. But It hasn’t done it since, which is weird in my opinion. And it almost feels like the clutch is a tad harder to push in, but that could just be my imagination and it hasn’t changed at all lol.

Thanks!

Jaustin73a

Postby Jaustin73a » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:37 am

Weird thing is it hasn’t done it since I posted this. But now it seems to wanna die or at least go at a really low rpm (no rpm gauge). I usually just give it a little gas and it revs up and works just fine.

Jaustin73a

Postby Jaustin73a » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:04 am

Update: isn’t doing the “shutter” anymore but it is trying to die (and has died a couple times) when I push in clutch. Only seems to do it when I’m taking off in first or reverse or when I’m coming to stop and have clutch pushed in. Anyone have any ideas? I’m at loss.

Thanks for any advice.