Personsl Isuzu issues (pt.1)

The place to discuss problems and routine maintenance questions and tips that are NOT specifically diesel-related.
89rebelpup
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1989 Standard cab swb 2.3l (carb)

Personsl Isuzu issues (pt.1)

Postby 89rebelpup » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:50 am

Hey guys,

Since buying my 1989 pickup I have had successes and failures. I've made hit and miss attempts at some things and being my daily driver I have set projects aside but have kept looking for answers.
There are a handful of things that I'll call personal issues and wonder how many others may have same questions or better yet answers to the questions! Maybe we could just share ideas and in those ideas may be answers?
1. Heat and AC controller-
Mine was working fine with no issues then one of the staple looking clips popped off and I DID received some replacement clips in the usps from a regular member here but installing this clip (and for it to stay attached) has proven impossible so far. In addition I have one of the controls underdash components ..? Not sure what it's called but there is more than one approximately above the gas pedal.. they look like little white wheels with long coarse thread screws serving some type of purpose.. and one of these wheels where its screw threads to is stripped snd the screw hangs now and doesn't attach.
The factor posing the greatest difficulty in making the permanent repair, aside from possible worn or fsiled plastic bits, is a combination of having big hands and only tiny access points to the backside of these installed controls. I have come away from previous attempts bleeding a little!
I haven't ventured in the direction of removing the controls because removing the entire fixture doesn't appear possible without removing the entire dashboard which from what I've found on the internet is NO easy task.. and as I shared this is a daily driver. I have it in the defrost position and in a small truck it warms up (eventually) so it's temporarily doable and I've left it alone but wish I could fix it permanently.

This is only one of the issues and maybe other issues will follow. But let's attempt to stay focused and tackle one issue at a time. Anyone else with this or similar trouble? Anyone with true isuzu wisdom or actual experience in this area?

89RP

89rebelpup
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1989 Standard cab swb 2.3l (carb)

Re: Personsl Isuzu issues (pt.1)

Postby 89rebelpup » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:21 am

Nothing?..

puttputtinpup

Re: Personsl Isuzu issues (pt.1)

Postby puttputtinpup » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:07 pm

Bear in mind that many of the members here primarily own Pups. 81-87 models. However, some do own 88-95 pickup. The heater & ac components and controls are totally different from the Pups.

You may still get a response about your post. Somebody here may have an entire replacement heater & ac box, but can't guarantee it.

If you're a member of http://www.planetisuzoo.com, many of those members have vehicles like yours and it might improve your options if they knew of your need as well.
Last edited by puttputtinpup on Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Wrong url