what seats fit into a '90 reg cab P'up??

Whether it's up high or draggin', this is the place to discuss anything related to body and suspension modifications for street or offroad use.
97vrt

what seats fit into a '90 reg cab P'up??

Postby 97vrt » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:24 am

I'm really tired of the bench seat in my pup. i was wondering what seats (anything other than a bench seat) would fit into my pup. i have heard from someone that early '90's rodeo seats would bolt in but i dont wanna go and buy seats without the absolutely correct info. im just looking for seats that will fit and that will have some spare room behind the seat to recline, since i have a subwoofer box behind my seat and the bench seat cant go back any further with the box in there. :x . im about 6 foot tall and my seat is all the way against the box and my knees are about 2 inches away from the steering wheel. im just looking for seats tht are more comfortable and that provide more room. thanks for anyone that can help!!!! :)
'90 isuzu P'up 2.3l 5spd 2wd

lowzone

Re: what seats fit into a '90 reg cab P'up??

Postby lowzone » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:50 pm

91-97 Rodeo/Passort seats bolt right in, as well as 89-94 Amigos. direct fit. ALSO but very rare are the 98-01 Vehicross VX seats. Recaros, i have them in my 94 Pickup and they bolt right in. they sit alittle higher but not much. the bucket seats from the Rodeos make you sit lower then the factory bench. i dont know why but they do. I have a spare set of seats but the cost and shipping would be more then going local.
anyother 88-95 pickup questions you can always email me or PM me here. i part and customize 88-95 pickups/amigos/rodeos. i guess you can say i specialize in them and have tons of odd parts in boxes. im parting Isuzu4me's truck in a few weeks when it arrives. im grabbing the driveline for my spacecab restore. so let me know if you need anything off it. bed and doors are spoken for, bucket seats, i dont know their true condition yet due to seat covers over them in the pics.
thanks
Ron
lowzone@optonline.net
if i build it, it will scrape......or catch on fire

jerd_hambone

Postby jerd_hambone » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:32 pm

I put a set of Mazda B2200 extended cab buckets with my factory brackets and custom brackets for the inners.

Look good and feel good, but they sit a bit low
1991 Isuzu Pick Up: 2.3 gasser, Blinding white, roll pan, shaved tailgate, 6/7 drop, Mazda extended cab buckets

edwright

Postby edwright » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:41 pm

I took a set of power bucket seats out of a 06 dodge durango, but they were the same seats, 97 on up. You gotta flatten out one tab with a hammer, but three other bolts fit without much effort. I absolutely loved mine. There's a thread on here with pictures.
http://www.isuzupup.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3731&hilit=different+seats
1986 Trooper Turbo Diesel LS Red
1986 Trooper Turbo Diesel White
1986 Trooper Turbo Diesel LS Blue

"If by "drag machine" you mean a little truck to transport cross dressers then it should work out just fabulous" VeggieNate

edwright

Postby edwright » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:08 pm

and old and new body style wont make a whole lot of difference as far as modification goes... just flatten out a tab and throw a bolt in. use your original seat belts.
1986 Trooper Turbo Diesel LS Red
1986 Trooper Turbo Diesel White
1986 Trooper Turbo Diesel LS Blue

"If by "drag machine" you mean a little truck to transport cross dressers then it should work out just fabulous" VeggieNate

Kurly154

Postby Kurly154 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:33 pm

would the first gen trooper seats be a direct bolt in to a 94 pickup?
Jason

1993 Isuzu Spacecab 2.6L 5 Speed
1994 Isuzu Pickup 2.3L 5 Speed - Totaled

lowzone

Postby lowzone » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:01 pm

no. not directly. i dont know for sure if the seats can be mounted to Pickup rails but the mounts on the trooper are much flatter.

tuany5

Postby tuany5 » Sat May 08, 2010 9:15 pm

I need some help guys i have a 90 Pickup 2.3 gasser and i wanted to move from a bench seat to bucket seats just happened to look on craigslist and found two seats out of a rodeo not sure the year but they are in great shape and they are gray leather seats i went on to remove the bench seat only to find that it does not match exactly the rails are about three inches too long and slightly narrower however i liked them so much i decided to just bolt on the two front screws on both seatsand see if my fellow pup owners could help ,they lean towards the doors can anyone tell me how to make these seats work it would look so awesome if they were leveled and had all four screws bolted down. thanks in advance for all your help

lowzone

Postby lowzone » Sat May 08, 2010 9:47 pm

tuany5 wrote:I need some help guys i have a 90 Pickup 2.3 gasser and i wanted to move from a bench seat to bucket seats just happened to look on craigslist and found two seats out of a rodeo not sure the year but they are in great shape and they are gray leather seats i went on to remove the bench seat only to find that it does not match exactly the rails are about three inches too long and slightly narrower however i liked them so much i decided to just bolt on the two front screws on both seatsand see if my fellow pup owners could help ,they lean towards the doors can anyone tell me how to make these seats work it would look so awesome if they were leveled and had all four screws bolted down. thanks in advance for all your help

i doubt they are from a Rodeo then.....ive bolted VX seats into a 94 Pickup and 98-04 rodeos should be all the same, as well as the Axiom seats bolt into a 98 Rodeo (Cronks Rodeo). It may be from a Trooper. post pics of the seats and i should be able to tell. im in NJ as well, and have some stock seat tracks from junk bucket seats if you need them, it might solve youre issue. Also im parting a Spacecab and Amigo if you need other parts.
Ron

chickmagnet
Isuzu vehicle(s): 91 ISUZU PUP

Postby chickmagnet » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:19 am

How about honda passport seats . 2001 passport bucket leather into 91 isuzu pickup. Would that work

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Postby JoeIsuzu » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:29 pm

chickmagnet wrote:How about honda passport seats . 2001 passport bucket leather into 91 isuzu pickup. Would that work

Hey, glad to see you back on here. You went silent for almost 5 years.

Jack

chickmagnet
Isuzu vehicle(s): 91 ISUZU PUP

Postby chickmagnet » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:17 pm

thanks jack, i sold last one and bought a 91 gasser in alabama, been sitting a while with engine issues, should have it back in a couple weeks , ill post pics. hope this one works out. ive missed the old one