IsuzuPup.com

"If there's ever a nuclear holocaust, the only thing left will be cockroaches and Isuzu diesels." (author unknown) This site is dedicated to the humble little Isuzu P'up.
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: 3 inch lowering blocks
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:35 pm 

i have a 86 and i saw that u can get 3 inch lowering blocks to lower ur truck for cheap. i just wanna know where to get them? and if there was a how to to put them in and lower the truck? im a newbe at lowering trucks so sorry for all the questions. thanks

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:15 pm 

i got mine at autozone. its simple. just replace the U bolts with longer ones in the kit. undo your U bolts and take them off. jack up the rear axle and slide the 3inch blockes in place and lower it back down and use the bigger U bolts in the kit. go to sightings and click on black pup with twin stacks. i poasted pictures of mine

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:39 am 

whats the ride like with the blocks and what do u need to lower the front with?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:06 pm 

i have 3 in block and the ride is great. just about as good as stock

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:55 am 

I recently put 3 inch drop blocks.

It rides still like stock but watch out for bumps. you will bottom out and it isnt fun with speedbumps or potholes but besides that ride is same.

lube it up with some wd40 or pb blaster.
you need a 12mm to take off the keepers on the torsion bars and a 22mm or bigger for the torsion bar bolt. get some white out. mark where the bolt is originally and start loosining it and keep track how many full turns you go. start with two or 4 full turns or however to adjust to the rear thats lowered.

make sure the front wheels are off the ground and adjust when you are loosing the bars.

make sure you are in a well level place, or your pup might look like its lower on one side due to pavement.
For my final touches I went to a walmart (because of level parking lot) and adjusted them there with a friend.
JUst watch you dont burn your face or arms against the cat if the car has been running.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:55 am 

careful with where you go. you WILL bust that fuel tank. i did about a month ago. 1badLUV got me a tank and skid plate from a short bed 4x4. if it happens often try and make a kid plate. on the tank brakets on both ends you should have some holes to bolt a skid plate to.
post some pictures of before and after.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:52 pm 

It rides still like stock but watch out for bumps. you will bottom out and it isnt fun with speedbumps or potholes but besides that ride is same.

i just cut the bump stops down to inch an half. mine doesn't bottom out unless its a hole everything does.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:31 am 

i WILL bust my fuel tank? oh man I will check it out. id like to get a skid plate then.

I love how it drives minus the bumps and lack of power steering, but over every single bump its rough.

I put 3 inch blocks from autozone and took out one leafspring each side. cut my bump stops exactly in half and have about 6 inches or less of rear travel .

later today I wil see how low tank is compared to floor or when im about to pass a speed hump check the clearance.

im NOT lowering my truck ANY bit more though.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:38 am 

Mine was hammered, as low as I could go with out cutting the frame, and I never even scraped my gas tank.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:11 pm 

im sitting on the bumpstops in the front and i have a 1 and 1/2 inch gap between the rear axle and frame. no bump stops

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:54 pm 

i gotta look how much clearance I have..

less than 3 inches and NO bumpstops?
your truck must drive like sh1t

your pup def slammed though

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:51 pm 

no. with it that low the suspion is stiffer. so its not as bad as you think. you get alil bounce but thats it.
go to sightings and look at the black pup with twin stacks. i posted other pictures of mine in there since someone saw it

Attachments:
0527091042_0001[1].jpg
0527091042_0001[1].jpg [ 35.63 KiB | Viewed 1421 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:27 am 

Any of you guys have problems with the drive shaft hitting the cab? Heard if I remove a leaf and block it 4"s it might hit so just checkin with you all first.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:41 am 

Mine rides axle on frame in the back and on bump stop up front. I have bump stop and bracket cut in the back. I'm also on 14 inch wheels with a decent low pro tire.

But yeah, with the blocks and pulled leaf, you will rub unless you use angled blocks. I did anyways.

Attachments:
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 58.32 KiB | Viewed 1278 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:59 pm 

B-Line wrote:
Any of you guys have problems with the drive shaft hitting the cab? Heard if I remove a leaf and block it 4"s it might hit so just checkin with you all first.

i had that problem. i just cut that part of the cab off. i need to channel it when i bag it anyways so i just cut it out