IsuzuPup.com

"If there's ever a nuclear holocaust, the only thing left will be cockroaches and Isuzu diesels." (author unknown) This site is dedicated to the humble little Isuzu P'up.
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:43 pm 

Is there a certain vehicle that has 15" or 16" rims that would have the correct back spacing to fit my pup without a spacer or machining required?? I ausme the wheels off my 4x4 pup would fit on my 4x2 pup, so maybe I could track down a set of those wheels for my truck.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:44 am 

Honda Passport 15x7 or 16x7.5 snowflakes
Isuzu Rodeo 15x7 or 16x7.5 snowflakes
Mitsubishi Might Max rims
Nissan Pathfinder 15x6 Chrome ones (earily years)
Nissan Frontier Supercharged 17x8s IF you can find a set
Most Toyota rims from Tacomas to Tundras with the 5.5" bolt circle and 4.00 center bore
Chevy COLORADO/GMC Canyon will fit. ive had them on my Isuzus before (15x6.5 2wd and the 18x8 Xtreme rims)

NISSAN TITANS DONT FIT with the centerbore, nor do the 16x7 Chevy rims...or any chevy rim off a 4x4 fullsize 88-up. the center bore is 78mm, you need 100mm.

almost any 5.5" 139.7mm 6 lug bolt pattern with 100mm will fit. backspacing, unless its a 10 wide rim with 6" of backspacing, it wont hit anything. anything from 6.5-8.5 wide will fit with a zero offset or a maximum of 30mm (about 1.25 offset). Most OEM rims will fit, just have to becareful that they dont stick out too far or inward too much. i have a set of 17x7.5 Toyota Tacoma rims with 30mm offset (about 5" backspacing) and they TUCK like crazy, great for lowriders and bagged trucks but not for offroad. im running bored out Titan rims 18x8 with 25mm offset (5" backspacing) and they are fine, just even with the front fenders up front and barely tuck in the rear. the bigger the rim the more turning clearence youll gain on the front suspension as well....good luck
Ron

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:16 pm 

lowzone wrote:
Honda Passport 15x7 or 16x7.5 snowflakes
Isuzu Rodeo 15x7 or 16x7.5 snowflakes
Mitsubishi Might Max rims
Nissan Pathfinder 15x6 Chrome ones (earily years)
Nissan Frontier Supercharged 17x8s IF you can find a set
Most Toyota rims from Tacomas to Tundras with the 5.5" bolt circle and 4.00 center bore
Chevy COLORADO/GMC Canyon will fit. ive had them on my Isuzus before (15x6.5 2wd and the 18x8 Xtreme rims)

NISSAN TITANS DONT FIT with the centerbore, nor do the 16x7 Chevy rims...or any chevy rim off a 4x4 fullsize 88-up. the center bore is 78mm, you need 100mm.

almost any 5.5" 139.7mm 6 lug bolt pattern with 100mm will fit. backspacing, unless its a 10 wide rim with 6" of backspacing, it wont hit anything. anything from 6.5-8.5 wide will fit with a zero offset or a maximum of 30mm (about 1.25 offset). Most OEM rims will fit, just have to becareful that they dont stick out too far or inward too much. i have a set of 17x7.5 Toyota Tacoma rims with 30mm offset (about 5" backspacing) and they TUCK like crazy, great for lowriders and bagged trucks but not for offroad. im running bored out Titan rims 18x8 with 25mm offset (5" backspacing) and they are fine, just even with the front fenders up front and barely tuck in the rear. the bigger the rim the more turning clearence youll gain on the front suspension as well....good luck
Ron

WOW that list of wheels is exactly what I wanted, thank you so much!!!!!!! Now I just need to track down a set of those rims(which im sure wont be to easy :lol: ). One of these weekends Im gonna take the spare tire off my 98 toyota 4 runner and see if that will fit on one of my pups, it will be tight or maybe even impossible because I havent modified the suspension but I just wanna see if the back spacing is close. I talked to a guy at my high school that wants to sell his barely used tires off his truck for cheap, so with allittle luck I may be able to find a set of wheels then get those tires. Then hopefully I can crank up the front end and then fabricate a set of shackles for the rear. BTW do the wheels off a 88 4x4 pup interchange with the wheels on a 88 4x2 pup??? Hope Im not getting to far ahead of myself here....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:06 pm 

2wd 4wd will interchange....up to 95...some 95.5 Rodeos also...96-up have heavy backspacing for the wider front and rear suspension so becareful on say 96-04 Rodeos/Amigos/Axioms/Troopers.....the 98 4runners, MIGHT fit but they WILL sit inward abit. If they are the split 3 spoke, they have 15mm offset (about 3/4" more backspacing) or if you have the 6 spoke 17"......those are like 35mm offset, and they tuck inward. i have both sets and know. The split 3 spoke (common on the 90s tacomas and 4runners) fit NICE, alittle inward but about 1/4" and you dont see it...i have to order mag lugnuts to put them on my Isuzu but i test fitted them first...really bought them for the NEW 31" tires on them :)
to give you an idea, and YES the truck IS getting repainted.....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:16 pm 

hey just a heads up and not that it really matters at the end of the day but those frontier rims didn't come on just the supercharged ones...... And them and a design very similar to them came on the hardbody p/u's that will fit also :wink: see :D ---->ImageImage too bad that no insurance havin' a--hole rear ended me in traffic.... :roll: traffic was stopped on the highway he rear ended me i was in neutral and didn't have my foot on the brake so i hit the person in front of me you can see on the one pic the front bumper's tweaked a little :cry: but anyway yeah those rims came on the hardbody's and there are some other one's that look alot like them but the spokes are more thin they'll fit too.....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:19 pm 

sorry i just re-read my post to clarify though the one's on my truck are the same as the frontier one's but came off of a hardbody.... and yeah the rims were factory on it i know the guy i bought them from.....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:15 pm 

lowzone wrote:
2wd 4wd will interchange....up to 95...some 95.5 Rodeos also...96-up have heavy backspacing for the wider front and rear suspension so becareful on say 96-04 Rodeos/Amigos/Axioms/Troopers.....the 98 4runners, MIGHT fit but they WILL sit inward abit. If they are the split 3 spoke, they have 15mm offset (about 3/4" more backspacing) or if you have the 6 spoke 17"......those are like 35mm offset, and they tuck inward. i have both sets and know. The split 3 spoke (common on the 90s tacomas and 4runners) fit NICE, alittle inward but about 1/4" and you dont see it...i have to order mag lugnuts to put them on my Isuzu but i test fitted them first...really bought them for the NEW 31" tires on them :)
to give you an idea, and YES the truck IS getting repainted.....

Sorry stupid question but why do you need mag lug nuts????? I think that those toyota wheels are mag or a mag alloy is there some chemical reaction if you dont use mag lug nuts?? BTW those split 3 spoke wheels are what I have on my 4 runner.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:43 pm 

Found some wheels that might fit.......
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/pts/919031205.html

Also found the same type of wheel but with tires@80% for 250
Just curious if they fit I probably wont buy anything until I get both my trucks running and driving reliably.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:53 pm 

hmmm the best thing to do would be to ask them to measure the hub bore on there to make sure you'll get the clearance you need for the hub, it's usually the reason that rim's won't mount up to the pickups from what i've seen..... everything else looks good...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:26 pm 

I found a set of 15"x 10" rims off a toyota pickup, would 10" wide tires be way to wide? I'm gonna call the seller and see if he can measure the bore and backspacing.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:40 pm 

farmboy1285 wrote:
I found a set of 15"x 10" rims off a toyota pickup, would 10" wide tires be way to wide? I'm gonna call the seller and see if he can measure the bore and backspacing.

my 31\10.50\15 tires have a face withed of 8" i have 15"\7" rims on a 10 bolt isuzu axle
i think even 30\9.50\15 whould be to narro for 15"+10" rims

but a bigger problem is, they most likly will hit the springs i think
it depends on the amount of off-set

was the toyota pickup the bigger V-6 engine?
(i wouldent do it)

rust free frame 1981 4wd luv for sale no engine\trans Cliky to see

hearsthe
weather forecast for NW OR
10 Commandments of Hypermiling

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:39 pm 

trooper T/diesel wrote:
farmboy1285 wrote:

my 31\10.50\15 tires have a face withed of 8" i have 15"\7" rims on a 10 bolt isuzu axle
i think even 30\9.50\15 whould be to narro for 15"+10" rims

but a bigger problem is, they most likly will hit the springs i think
it depends on the amount of off-set

was the toyota pickup the bigger V-6 engine?
(i wouldent do it)

Not sure on the details of the truck they came off of, from the pic it looks like they are too sporty for me anyway. I kind of figured that 10" wide wheels on the truck would be to wide, oh well I will just keep looking....

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:27 am 

And of course, Isuzu wheels fit right fine too...my example....
http://www.streetsource.com/uploads/Ownerprofiles/SunDown/922200814633PM60401.jpg

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:06 pm 

Check out this site for wheel bolt patterns and center hole sizes (it's under CB)

http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com ... erence.cfm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:29 pm 

Okay I think I may have finally found a set that will work.
Check them out:
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/pts/1015505404.html

I emailed the guy and called him asking him about meausurements of backspacing and bore, but from the pics they look like they will fit. I have never been a big fan of chrome wheels but I like the design and the price so I may have to change my tastes allitle. I dislocated my knee yesterday during wrestling but hopefully I can go take a look and/or buy these by this weekend.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next