6-lug wheels that don't look like truck wheels

Whether it's up high or draggin', this is the place to discuss anything related to body and suspension modifications for street or offroad use.
BelizeanPUPper

6-lug wheels that don't look like truck wheels

Postby BelizeanPUPper » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:26 pm

I've been looking for larger wheels for my Pup; however, because the Pup is a 6-lug, all the wheels that I can find are for SUV's and light duty trucks. Since I have slightly lowered my truck and want to lower it some more, the truck style of wheels (large and beefy) don't match the intended look of my truck. I was wondering if anyone knew of a some wheels or brand of wheels that have 6-lug available but come in a more car-style look.
1992 4x2 5 speed shortbed
C223 engine swap
Turbo from a Toyota 2L-T
Water/Alcohol Injection

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Re: 6-lug wheels that don't look like truck wheels

Postby JoeIsuzu » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:30 pm

Let's be clear here: do you have a truck that's not in your signature? The one in your signature is a Pickup, and it probably has different clearances than a P'up.

Jack

BelizeanPUPper

Postby BelizeanPUPper » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:20 am

Oh yeah, sorry about that. I have a Pickup. Where I grew up, they were all referred to as Pups.
C223 engine swap
Turbo from a Toyota 2L-T
Water/Alcohol Injection

Cronk

Postby Cronk » Sun May 25, 2014 8:43 pm

Look at Saab 9-7 and Chevy Trailblazer rims. They are 6 x 5 lug pattern but have a positive offset so you may want spacers if you go that route.

Edit: Scratch that. Our Isuzu's are 6 x 5.5
"Tougher that the world's toughest roads. Isuzu Driving into your future."

oldestisuzuist

Postby oldestisuzuist » Mon May 26, 2014 10:32 am

Look online at someplace that has a large selection of aftermarket wheels (like Summit Racing), filter the search to the style/diameter/width/backspace/material 6-bolt wheel you are looking for, or just browse through the whole offering. It will at least give you an idea of what's available aftermarket. Just a warning, new ones probably won't be cheap.
I think the backspace on stock Isuzu pickup rims is 3.75", go much less than this & you risk rubbing on the frame during full turn with a larger diameter tire on a lowered truck. Of course you can always adjust the steering stops so it won't turn as sharply.
'78 Chevy LUV,1.9,4sp,headers,31's,SAS Dana 30,Dana 20,SOA rear w/Aussie Locker, body ROUGH, bought new 12/4/78. A pre-P'up?
'87 Trooper,2.3,5sp,headers,31's,ball joint flip & spacer,Aussie Locker rear,Superwinch hubs,brush guard w/5.5K winch.

BelizeanPUPper

Postby BelizeanPUPper » Thu May 29, 2014 1:23 pm

Ok, thanks for the suggestion, especially, the backspacing. I was never quite sure what was a safe measurement to keep the same maximum steering angle.
C223 engine swap
Turbo from a Toyota 2L-T
Water/Alcohol Injection