Frame replacement on JDM camper

Whether it's up high or draggin', this is the place to discuss anything related to body and suspension modifications for street or offroad use.
amotomura
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1993 Isuzu Rodeo Pickup camper - JDM

Frame replacement on JDM camper

Post by amotomura »

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a 1993 Isuzu pickup that was converted to a camper in Japan. It was done by a company called Yokohama motor works. The Isuzu pup has a 4JB1T turbo diesel with 5 speed manual and 4 wheel drive.

Unfortunately, the frame has extensive rust and rust repair patches. Some patches are really well done. Some are poorly done.

I would like to replace the frame on this vehicle.

I tried to contact Isuzu of North America to see if they can give me a frame part number based on the Japanese VIN, but they can only look up US VINS.

A quick measurement puts the wheel base at 135”. I’m not sure if this is the same as a long box or an extended cab truck. Does anyone know if these two have the same frame?

So, my first step is to find a frame for this truck. It looks like I can still buy a new frame. They are a bit pricey, but I only want to do this once and not worry about it later. I might be open to a used frame from the south if it is really solid.

Does anyone know how I can find out which frame I need?

Thank you,

Andrew
F86399E0-FD8D-4265-82AE-8FBFE4AAA952.jpeg
Frame rust:
D770A473-5FB3-4615-90FC-104591877DEC.jpeg
Worst spot, right above axle:
A6953C85-2598-4024-A951-7F78FBCD3DC5.jpeg