Lifting my pup

Whether it's up high or draggin', this is the place to discuss anything related to body and suspension modifications for street or offroad use.
Opelcampo99
Isuzu vehicle(s): Isuzu(opel)campo 99 2.5 TD 56Kw

Lifting my pup

Postby Opelcampo99 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:56 pm

How can I lift my pickup the cheapest way, can I put shock abosrbers from another car and if so what what kind of ones to lift it?
I own an isuzu(opel) campo

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Re: Lifting my pup

Postby JoeIsuzu » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:48 pm

Your vehicle info is really short on details. Since most of us here aren’t familiar with the Campo, it would be helpful to know the model year and which Isuzu model it corresponds to.

Jack

Opelcampo99

Postby Opelcampo99 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:09 pm

JoeIsuzu wrote:Your vehicle info is really short on details. Since most of us here aren’t familiar with the Campo, it would be helpful to know the model year and which Isuzu model it corresponds to.

Jack

It corresponds to the isuzu pickup,isuzu faster sometimes called campo year '99
https://imgur.com/a/AyRI7
Example

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Postby JoeIsuzu » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:58 pm

Opelcampo99 wrote:
JoeIsuzu wrote:Your vehicle info is really short on details. Since most of us here aren’t familiar with the Campo, it would be helpful to know the model year and which Isuzu model it corresponds to.

Jack

Example

Can you put that information into your profile (vehicle info)?

And people should never have to go to an external site to see a pic. Some are unable to visit those sites from their work computers. Please upload pics with your posts, when needed.

Jack

Opelcampo99

Postby Opelcampo99 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:59 am

JoeIsuzu wrote:
Opelcampo99 wrote:

Jack

Example

Can you put that information into your profile (vehicle info)?

And people should never have to go to an external site to see a pic. Some are unable to visit those sites from their work computers. Please upload pics with your posts, when needed.

Jack

98_isuzu_fuego_ls_super_fresh_96665200814203405.jpg
Like this

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin

Postby JoeIsuzu » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:26 am

That’s how it’s done! Both the photo and the profile. Since Isuzu didn’t even sell a truck in the US market in ‘99, there is not a US model that is similar. If anyone here is familiar with these, they probably have experience with them in other markets. Hopefully, some of our non-US members can help.

Jack

Opelcampo99

Postby Opelcampo99 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:42 pm

JoeIsuzu wrote:That’s how it’s done! Both the photo and the profile. Since Isuzu didn’t even sell a truck in the US market in ‘99, there is not a US model that is similar. If anyone here is familiar with these, they probably have experience with them in other markets. Hopefully, some of our non-US members can help.

Jack

Doing a bit of research I found it was sold.
Quoting from the wikipedia page,isuzu faster "Versions sold in the Americas were called Isuzu Pickup and Chevrolet LUV." So turns out they were sold.
download.jpeg
Pics
download.jpeg (7.41 KiB) Viewed 868 times

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin

Postby JoeIsuzu » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:58 pm

Opelcampo99 wrote:
JoeIsuzu wrote:That’s how it’s done! Both the photo and the profile. Since Isuzu didn’t even sell a truck in the US market in ‘99, there is not a US model that is similar. If anyone here is familiar with these, they probably have experience with them in other markets. Hopefully, some of our non-US members can help.

Jack

Doing a bit of research I found it was sold.
Quoting from the wikipedia page,isuzu faster "Versions sold in the Americas were called Isuzu Pickup and Chevrolet LUV." So turns out they were sold.
download.jpeg

Yes, but read what you quoted: "Versions sold in the Americas were called..." Here's a list of the "Versions sold in the Americas" (actually, this is just the US):
1972-1980 - "1st generation" Chevy LUV (Chevrolet only, never sold here with the Isuzu brand)
1981-1982 - "2nd generation" Chevy LUV
1981-1987 - Isuzu P'UP (same truck as the 2nd generation LUV)
1988-1995 - Isuzu Pickup
1996 - Isuzu did not sell their own truck here (although they continued to sell their trucks in other markets). They re-badged the Chevy S10 / GMC S15 trucks and sold them as the Isuzu Hombre. The Isuzu trucks that were sold in the rest of the world (like yours) never made it to the US.

If you're telling us that your truck is like the Isuzu Hombre sold in the US in 1999 (I don't know if it is, or isn't), then the best resource would be a Chevy S10 site.

Jack

robgt22
Isuzu vehicle(s): 95 honda passport, c223 swap. 01 trooper, 4jg2 swap

Postby robgt22 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:09 pm

In Guatemala we got that pickup, it's called the Isuzu kb, it has torsion bars on the front, so lifting it is quite easy. For the rear installing longer shackles would be enough, but it depends on how much lift are you planning to run?
95 Honda passport with a c223 swap. Garrett gt1749, 15 psi of boost. Straighpiped and intercooled. 2” lift, ball joint flip, 1 1/2” diff drop. 33x12.5 R15 tires, 12000 pound winch.

01 Trooper with a 4jg2 swap

sanramonrover
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1991 KB (AKA TFS) 4X4 with 4JB1 Diesel

Postby sanramonrover » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:46 pm

I too own a KB, though 1991, here in Costa Rica. The previous owner "lifted" the pick by adding longer body and box supports. They were steel tubes with closed top and bottom, and a hole through the centre for the bolt. I had to replace all the originals he made as they were too small diameter. I used 2" pipe, each about 2" long. Then the rubber "pucks" top and bottom gave it quite a lift.

This lifted only the cab with front fenders and hood, as well as the box not the chassis or engine/transmission. This way no change to the springs, shackles or shocks. Slight problem with the 4X4 shift lever in its rubber boot was much stiffer to move, but it works.

The original owner did this "lift" because he put a 4JB1, 2.8 litre diesel in place of the original gas engine.
1991 KB 4X4
1988 VW Westfalia
1975 Triumph Spitfire