Upgrading Seats?

Whether it's up high or draggin', this is the place to discuss anything related to body and suspension modifications for street or offroad use.
JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Upgrading Seats?

Postby JoeIsuzu » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:18 pm

I think, rather than re-upholstering my bench seat (again), I'm ready to switch to some buckets. I'd like height adjustment (manual or powered). I don't care for leather, so that narrows the choices a little.

I don't want anything that will reduce legroom by much.

What are my best options for a regular cab P'up?

Jack

Moyock13
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1981 Chevy Luv

Re: Upgrading Seats?

Postby Moyock13 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:09 am

Jack,

Looks like we're is a similar predicament with seat choice. You're looking to replace your bench seat with buckets, I'm assuming in your 83. And I'd like to find some buckets for my 81 Luv. I'll share whatever I find.

Ken

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Postby JoeIsuzu » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:19 am

Thanks, Ken. I think I posted somewhere that Pontiac Vibe seats looked like they might adapt well. The ones I found were black, and I'm hoping to find a better match for my interior. There's a Toyota Matrix that recently arrived in a local yard, and I may take a look.

Jack

Moyock13
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1981 Chevy Luv

Postby Moyock13 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:26 pm

Let me know how that works out, I'd be curious. Thanks Jack.

Halden
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1983 Diesel LS Long Bed 4x4

Postby Halden » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:01 pm

Hyundais have some fairly nice fabric seats that are low profile. My Sonata has some pretty great seats I think. It may be worth taking a look into those. Im a pretty tall guy and I think they are really nice.

Or...

Hook up an air compressor and get yourself a good air seat for true luxury! :mrgreen:
It's not pronounced "Ih-soo-zoo", it's pronounced "It-screws-you"

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin

Postby JoeIsuzu » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:31 pm

Adjustable height is a requirement for me. And that generally means I raise it all the way up. I'm about 6' but mostly legs. So headroom is never an issue, it's always about legroom and height. I prefer seats that are like chairs, not like chaise lounges. The seats in my CR-V were about perfect for me.

Jack

Halden
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1983 Diesel LS Long Bed 4x4

Postby Halden » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:28 am

Mine are fairly height adjustable in the Sonata. And I know the feeling. To this day the Pup is one of the more comfortable vehicles I have owned being 6' 2"...

I guess by low profile i really meant they don't take up a ton of room
It's not pronounced "Ih-soo-zoo", it's pronounced "It-screws-you"

supersummerfun
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1982 DLX 4WD Diesel P'up (4-speed), 1999 Mercedes E300 TD

Postby supersummerfun » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:14 am

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24089

look at this link for another thread on the same topic. I posted some information and pics about the seat upgrade in my truck here. The seats do not move up or down, but they seem to fit me well. I am not completely sure about installation because the previous owner did it, but the seats are from a Chevrolet Astrovan. Also Jack, if you want to see how my seats fit and feel we can meet up. (Remember I'm right in Collierville)
Teddy

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin

Postby JoeIsuzu » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:17 pm

supersummerfun wrote:http://www.isuzupup.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24089

look at this link for another thread on the same topic. I posted some information and pics about the seat upgrade in my truck here. The seats do not move up or down, but they seem to fit me well. I am not completely sure about installation because the previous owner did it, but the seats are from a Chevrolet Astrovan. Also Jack, if you want to see how my seats fit and feel we can meet up. (Remember I'm right in Collierville)

Not bad at all! In general, I've been more comfortable in minivan seats than anything else. But I wonder how hard it would be to find Astro van seats with any life left.

Sure, let's meet up. I leave work about 3:30, when do you leave school?

Jack

supersummerfun

Postby supersummerfun » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:21 pm

I leave school at 2:55 usually, but can stay as long as needed Tuesdays and Thursdays. Have to have the pup first as its at home now. Just give me the word and we could arrange it for tomorrow.
Teddy

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin

Postby JoeIsuzu » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:22 pm

supersummerfun wrote:I leave school at 2:55 usually, but can stay as long as needed Tuesdays and Thursdays. Have to have the pup first as its at home now. Just give me the word and we could arrange it for tomorrow.

I normally leave at 3:30, but this week I've been working from home because we're doing system OS patches at 3:00 AM. Watch your email, I'll let you know when I'll be going back in to the office.

Jack

supersummerfun

Postby supersummerfun » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:37 am

ok
Teddy

minidiesel

Postby minidiesel » Wed May 10, 2017 4:50 pm

I went to honda prelude seats, i think they are 89 si, color midnight raven. They sit comfortable as recaro's or any other high end seats, took drilling 2 holes, but well worth it. Lqk $25.oo each, with adjustable lumbar and thigh support(manual). Had room for 6 inch bazooka sub behind passenger, and room for alpine amp and console between. I'm 6'1" with plenty of legroom.
20170510_173942.jpg
1986 Isuzu pup long bed diesel 5 spd 2 wd .
1986 winnbago lesharo Renault turbo diesel.

SwampDonkey
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1991 2.6 SpaceCab

Postby SwampDonkey » Thu May 11, 2017 10:43 am

Any of y'all around Louisiana? I have a set of bucket seats in my 91 SpaceCab, I want to put a bench in.

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin

Postby JoeIsuzu » Thu May 11, 2017 1:02 pm

SwampDonkey wrote:Any of y'all around Louisiana? I have a set of bucket seats in my 91 SpaceCab, I want to put a bench in.

Not me.

Jack

Return to “Body and Suspension Mods”