IsuzuPup.com

"If there's ever a nuclear holocaust, the only thing left will be cockroaches and Isuzu diesels." (author unknown) This site is dedicated to the humble little Isuzu P'up.
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: x22se
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:30 pm 

Anyone knows the good and bad points about the x22se ? It looks like the perfect swap for the use of my truck.
I planned on a 4xe1 i have laying around, but id like to get the bigger injected 16valves possible so the 2.2 x22se seems like a perfect size !

So if anyone got that engine in a 98-02 rodeo, or know stuff about it, let me hear it. I dont want to go with a swap thats less reliable than the 4xe1 and 4zd1, especially with how expensive the adapter plate cost. :)

Post subject: Re: x22se
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:13 am 

You sure you don't mean 4ZE1 - 4XE1 is a front wheel drive engine which, while not impossible to use in RWD application, is not worth the hassle.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:12 pm 

nah i mean 4Xe1. Ive got all thestuff needed. starter location is the same, would get better mileage. Im still investigating the work involve. Its just cause I have all the part and it would free up usable space. Cant be harder than a rb26dett in a 240sx.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:25 pm 
Official Sensei, IsuzuPup Dōjō

veikra wrote:
Anyone knows the good and bad points about the x22se ? It looks like the perfect swap for the use of my truck.
I planned on a 4xe1 i have laying around, but id like to get the bigger injected 16valves possible so the 2.2 x22se seems like a perfect size !

So if anyone got that engine in a 98-02 rodeo, or know stuff about it, let me hear it. I dont want to go with a swap thats less reliable than the 4xe1 and 4zd1, especially with how expensive the adapter plate cost. :)

IT IS APIECE OF CRAP FOR AN ENGINE ,MADE BY HOLDEN IN AUSTRALIA , BIG TIME BELT PROB, AND WHEN IT BREAKS PARTS ARE VERY EXP. FOR IT

THE 4XE1 IS A STRONG ENG AND WILL RUN FOREVER , BUT I DOTN THINK YOU WILL LIKE IT IN A PICKUP , BECAUSE OF THE TORQUE , THE 1.6 97 FT LBS AT 4200 RPN AND THE 1.8 IS 120 AT 4600 RPM WHERE EVENT HE 2.3 IS 123 FTLBS AT 26 00 RPM, IT WOULD WORK BUT YOU WILL NEED TO WIND THE DICKENS OUT IT TO GET IT GOING , THE 2.2 KANGAROO MOTOR MADE A LOT MORE HP, BUT IT WOULDNT STAY TOGETHER AND WOULD HAVE BEEN A GOOD CANIDATE FOR THE PICKUP EXCEPT FOR ITS RELIABILITY AND PARTS PRICES , JERRY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:12 pm 

Thank, that sums up all the comment I got about that engine. And yes the 4xe1 problem is torque, thats why id like to keep the 2.3. But heh, there is no 16 valve ones. The 4xe1 is my last option, cause I have it already. First option would be to fuel injected my 2.3 til it reach 300 000km then ditch it for a v6 (second option). Anyways rest assured ill do everything to avoid lowering a nissan K24 in it. :wink:

Or maybe fall in love with the 8l/100km fuel savings. For now, i got it down to 17l/100 city. Of course its not powerfull (especially when youre used to the Impulse RS) but once it looks good I may just swallow the fact its gutless :lol: and be in peace. It will surely be more powerfull once properly tuned up.

I was worried about pulling stuff with it, so i originally planned on putting a v6 in it. But im now seeing people tow stuff way heavier than what ill ever need to tow :lol:

If parts werent so hard to find over here ( dealer ditched canada, so lot of people prematurely got rid of their isuzus)