Offenhauser intake manifolds

This is the place to discuss NON-diesel engine and driveline modifications.
Mokadeth

Re: Offenhauser intake manifolds

Post by Mokadeth »

My stock is starting to dwindle, but I do still have a few intakes if anyone is interested.
KatFIsh

Post by KatFIsh »

How much are they? I'm interested in on how much
Mokadeth

Post by Mokadeth »

PM sent with details.
Awesomedude

Post by Awesomedude »

Do you have any idea what the mods are to make the 6204 work with the 4z motors? i found the one you have on ebay and noticed there was no opening for the mechanical fuel pump the 2.3s came with. Do you possibly have any measurements or specs you could send me?
1989 4wd Pickup, too many stupid little mods, quiet exhaust
1980 4wd LUV, The endless project
1984 VW GTI, racecar
Mokadeth

Post by Mokadeth »

Thanks for the inquiry. I wish I had some of that info for you, but all I have from Offy are a couple performance charts and the catalog page with the different intakes and their stock numbers. These intakes were designed for the '76 through '80 LUV trucks with the stock G series motors, so I am sure there would be some mods needed to make it work with a 2.3 or other Isuzu motor. I sold an intake to a guy a couple years or so ago and he had a 2.3 and he was doing all kinds of mods to the intake. He was supposed to send me some pictures when he was all finished with it, but I never heard back from him. I can try to dig around and see if I still have the old e-mail and I can try to contact him again if you are interested? I don't know how accurate of measurements you would need? I could only take some crude measurements with my tape measure, that would be about it. I can talk to Offy and see if they can give me some more details if you are really serious about trying to make the intake work? Send me a PM and we will go from there.
Mokadeth

Post by Mokadeth »

Well I did still have the old e-mail, it was the last time I heard from the guy and it was June of 2008. Here is what he had to say about his mods to the intake.....

i'm still working on that manifold. it took a good bit a machine work to get it to bolt on properly. had to enlarge all the ports and move them over a little bit. also had to weld a plate in to block off the fuel pump hole. had to cut an ear off to get it to clear the distrib. almost all of the vac/water ports on that manifold are not needed and they are really odd sizes, so it takes some time tracking down the plugs and fittings. i'll get some picks over when i'm all done. but, let all the guy's know if they ask about the 2.3. it will bolt on, but it takes alot of work to be able to use it. wanted to see if you had another one of those spacers? i will have to run two of them stacked to be able to get the throttle linkage to clear the valve cover.

Hope this helps give you an idea. I am going to try to e-mail him again and see if I get a reply.
Mokadeth

Post by Mokadeth »

Well I just tried to e-mail the guy and it bounced back to me. So I guess this is the best I can do right now. If you want me to see what Offy might have for me, let me know and I will contact them.
Awesomedude

Post by Awesomedude »

Well that seems a little too much effort for a 4 banger intake! Not to mention who the heck welds aluminum around here! lol. thanks though for answering
1984 VW GTI, racecar
Mokadeth

Post by Mokadeth »

Yeah it does seem like more work than it is worth. I guess if you had some skill and wanted to play around with it, then it might be a cool little project. Obviously this guy did. I really wish I had heard back from him and saw the pics of what he did to it. I mainly posted the intake info over here because there are some guys who have the G series motors, so I wanted to make sure they are aware I have the intakes. I don't think Offy made an intake for the 2.3, but I am going to check on that the next time I talk to them and if they didn't make one, I am going to also ask if it would be possible. I doubt they would want to design one, but who knows. I am sure if they had one for the 2.3 for the Weber carb there would be some interest in it?
Awesomedude

Post by Awesomedude »

I bet youd be surprised how many people would buy those....or maybe not :lol: I probably would get one
1984 VW GTI, racecar
Mokadeth

Post by Mokadeth »

I still have a few intakes left. PM me if anyone is interested. When I talk to Offy next time I do plan on asking them if they ever did make anything for the 2.3 and 2.6 or what it would take to get them made if there is enough interest in them to make it worth the while. Happy holidays to everyone!
hagasn
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1991 isuzu pickup 2WD 2.3 4DZ1 engine

Post by hagasn »

what's the good word? can you make my 2.3 dreams come true :)
i am the original owner of a 1991 isuzu 2WD pickup. the rebuilt motor was bored .040 over with a Calmini camshaft and gemini turbo kit with intercooler. power to the wheels is handled by a centerforce gold clutch.
hagasn

Post by hagasn »

[quote="Mokadeth"]Well I did still have the old e-mail, it was the last time I heard from the guy and it was June of 2008. Here is what he had to say about his mods to the intake.....

i'm still working on that manifold. it took a good bit a machine work to get it to bolt on properly. had to enlarge all the ports and move them over a little bit. also had to weld a plate in to block off the fuel pump hole. had to cut an ear off to get it to clear the distrib. almost all of the vac/water ports on that manifold are not needed and they are really odd sizes, so it takes some time tracking down the plugs and fittings. i'll get some picks over when i'm all done. but, let all the guy's know if they ask about the 2.3. it will bolt on, but it takes alot of work to be able to use it. wanted to see if you had another one of those spacers? i will have to run two of them stacked to be able to get the throttle linkage to clear the valve cover.

this doesn't sound all too difficult to make work on my 2.3.. what type of performance gains would ya think can be attained? i can't stop thinking about this manifold :)
i am the original owner of a 1991 isuzu 2WD pickup. the rebuilt motor was bored .040 over with a Calmini camshaft and gemini turbo kit with intercooler. power to the wheels is handled by a centerforce gold clutch.
Mokadeth

Post by Mokadeth »

Well according to this old magazine article you are supposed to get an extra 25 hp out of the stock 1.8 with all the upgrades. Weber carb, Offy intake, electronic ignition and Pacesetter header. Here is the link to the article, it is a good read.

http://www.chevyluv.zoomshare.com/1.shtml/extra%20power

Who knows how the extra hp would turn out with modifications to the Offy and on the 2.3? I will probably be getting ready to order again in the near future and when I talk to Offy I am going to ask if they ever did make anything for the 2.3 or if they would consider designing something. I don't think Offy had anything for the 2.3 though. If there would be enough interest in an intake for the 2.3, maybe they would design something? Hard to say, but I am going to ask anyway. I had a few dual port intakes made, but they are all gone now. I plan on ordering more next time if Offy will let me again. There isn't a lot of difference between the two though. Hope this article gives you some of the info you needed.
hagasn

Post by hagasn »

thanks! it appears a machine shop could make any and all alterations to make the manifold fit. i would have to leave my O.E.M manifold at the shop which would not be a problem. thanks again, drive safe.