turbo project

This is the place to discuss NON-diesel engine and driveline modifications.
hagasn
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1991 isuzu pickup 2WD 2.3 4DZ1 engine

Re: turbo project

Post by hagasn »

thank you puttputtinpup my mechanic was amazing and very performance oriented. I got lucky finding him when I did.
i am the original owner of a 1991 isuzu 2WD pickup. the rebuilt motor was bored .040 over with a Calmini camshaft and gemini turbo kit with intercooler. power to the wheels is handled by a centerforce gold clutch.
hagasn

Post by hagasn »

Ispower the oil return is tapped into the driver's of the oil pan right below the turbo using Al fittings and stainless steel lines.
i am the original owner of a 1991 isuzu 2WD pickup. the rebuilt motor was bored .040 over with a Calmini camshaft and gemini turbo kit with intercooler. power to the wheels is handled by a centerforce gold clutch.
HonestBroker
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1991 Pickup - since new

Post by HonestBroker »

I know it's late, but how'd the project finally turn out?
HonestBroker
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1991 Pickup - since new

Post by HonestBroker »

I have a 1991 pickup (since new) that's been sitting in a garage for several years. there/s not a bit of rust on it, but it has gone through two motors. I want to make a project out of it. I've thought about a small block crate V8, but am now leaning more towards a Ford 2.3L Turbo eco-boost crate engine. After seeing this post, I may have to rethink my approach. Any chance of getting a good list of what you bought to make all this work? And, tech tips? Your photos look very nice. Had you thought of injection vice carburation? Anyway, it looks good. Any idea of HP and torque numbers?
Thanks.
hagasn

Post by hagasn »

thanks. she's still my daily driver most work days so I guess the projects a success. Geminiturbo.com is who made my turbo kit. I purchased it used from another member on this forum. I did however buy my turbo prepped Weber from Gemini. the websites a wealth of info and they did support efi builds but I've been told they are now unresponsive. I don't know if the Australian company is still in business.
bthood
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1982 Isuzu I-mark engine 1.8 liter diesel, 1987 PUP

Post by bthood »

Who made your exhaust manifold? It looks very similar to a diesel exhaust.
Dieselsmoke69
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1982 CHEVY LUV MIKADO C223 DIESEL 2wd,1981 Chevy Luv shortbed 2wd G180Z, 1981 Chevy Luv Mikado 4x4 G180Z redline weber 32/36

Post by Dieselsmoke69 »

That is a beautiful engine! Ya know seeing this and knowing the attention to detail, amount of time and money it takes to do these things, gives me the inspiration to keep hammering away at mine. I had one isuzu now i have 3. I have had health issues and my energy is not always up to par. But i see your progress and it keeps me going. Congrats on your build