Stock air filter adapter for Weber 32/36?

This is the place to discuss NON-diesel engine and driveline modifications.
Red Truck

Stock air filter adapter for Weber 32/36?

Postby Red Truck » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:30 pm

If this subject is covered elsewhere, please enlighten me. I'm looking for an aftermarket stock air filter adapter for a future Weber DGAV 32/36 installation, on my 2.3 4ZD1. I want to keep the stock air cleaner (for various reasons) setup. The Redline kit looks too big at 5-1/8". I believe the Weber inlet is around three inches. I'd rather not have to cobble something together if there's already one available somewhere.
'87 Isuzu pickup 2.3 gas, 5spd, 4WD

oldestisuzuist

Re: Stock air filter adapter for Weber 32/36?

Postby oldestisuzuist » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:17 am

http://www.carburetion.com/Products/Pro ... =99010.675
See if this might work, #99010.301 has a taller lip if your air cleaner clamps around the lip like a Chevy LUV.
If not Redline makes similar adapters for several different Weber to stock air filters but nothing specifically for any Isuzu products. You will need to match the diameter of the air cleaner throat & the attachment method to the adapter, then make sure you have enough hood clearance.
http://www.carburetion.com/Products/Pro ... =99010.302
This one for a Toyota might be better, it has the clamp rod socket if that's how your air cleaner housing atttaches.
'78 Chevy LUV,1.9,4sp,headers,31's,SAS Dana 30,Dana 20,SOA rear w/Aussie Locker, body ROUGH, bought new 12/4/78. A pre-P'up?
'87 Trooper,2.3,5sp,headers,31's,ball joint flip & spacer,Aussie Locker rear,Superwinch hubs,brush guard w/5.5K winch.

Red Truck

Re: Stock air filter adapter for Weber 32/36?

Postby Red Truck » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:23 pm

Thanks, these are about what I was looking for. I figured there must be an adapter out there that would fit on an Isuzu, but made for a Toyota or Datsun or Suzuki/whatever, but I haven't had the luck to find one yet! The first one you mentioned might work; my air cleaner doesn't have the 'clamp and rod' type (but I'm familiar with those). I'd have to create some sort of vertical stud attachment for the centerhole wing-nut on my cover. Shouldn't be too much of a challenge. By the way, the address of that website is near where I grew up...spooky. Thanx again/
'87 Isuzu pickup 2.3 gas, 5spd, 4WD