turbo project

This is the place to discuss NON-diesel engine and driveline modifications.
hagasn

Re: turbo project

Postby hagasn » Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:10 pm

thanks Halden
i am the original owner of a 91 Isuzu pickup. the rebuilt motor was bored .040 over with a Calmini camshaft and gemini turbo kit with intercooler. power to the wheels is handled by a centerforce gold clutch.

hagasn

Postby hagasn » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:38 am

she's up and running, whoot! now I just have to put some miles on her, 500 or so, and it's turbo time.
Attachments
image.png
i am the original owner of a 91 Isuzu pickup. the rebuilt motor was bored .040 over with a Calmini camshaft and gemini turbo kit with intercooler. power to the wheels is handled by a centerforce gold clutch.

hagasn

Postby hagasn » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:54 am

the motor is so quiet with the over bore pistons and ported head and intake I was expecting more of a performance gain. at cruising speed if you let off and get back on the gas she is definitely more responsive. I'm just impressed with fact that she's no longer leaks oil, fuel or water.

hagasn

Postby hagasn » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:04 pm

it looks like i have a small weep from my oil gauge fitting. nothing like the leaks i've had over the past 25 years.
Attachments
image.png

hagasn

Postby hagasn » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:08 pm

i decided to do my first oil change this weekend just shy of 500 miles. i went with Castrol full synthetic 10W 30 and a K&N oil filter.
Attachments
image.png

hagasn

Postby hagasn » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:52 pm

almost three years and finally just now got around to turbo my truck :(

hagasn

Postby hagasn » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:02 pm

the turbo install is in its final stages. we’re switching to a smaller electric fuel pump. the gemini fuel pump is just too large for what i’m trying to achieve which is reliability. we also ordered larger main jets for the Weber carburetor. drive safe
Attachments
21ABBDE9-CB63-43C7-8E3A-740DCFF9485F.jpeg

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Postby JoeIsuzu » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:14 pm

That's a really nice looking install.

Jack

hagasn

Postby hagasn » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:18 pm

thank you