Considering a BAN on users with Yahoo!Mail

Snowguru1789
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1984 P'up diesel 4x4, 2002 Dodge Ram 3500 4x4 Cummins

Re: Considering a BAN on users with Yahoo!Mail

Postby Snowguru1789 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:09 pm

Hey Jack,
Is my email causing you problems? This is the first complaint I've heard concerning Yahoo. I've used the same account for about 6-8 yrs. I can change if necessary. Thanks for all you do
Brent
1984 Diesel 4x4 Pup, affectionately dubbed "The Turd".
2002 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins dually, aka- "Ole Whitey".

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Postby JoeIsuzu » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:06 pm

Snowguru1789 wrote:Hey Jack,
Is my email causing you problems? This is the first complaint I've heard concerning Yahoo. I've used the same account for about 6-8 yrs. I can change if necessary. Thanks for all you do
Brent

Brent,

Sorry I forgot to reply to this. No, your email isn't giving me trouble (yet). But since it was revealed that an intruder got access to about 500 MILLION Yahoo user accounts, it could still happen. Honestly, I can't fathom why anybody stays with this sorry excuse for an email provider.

And maybe the answer to that question is related to why SO many Yahoo users can't get through the registration process here. :?: The most recent 10 or so registrations that never completed the process were all from Yahoo users. Some obviously attempted two or more times with different email addresses, but they never figured out how to REPLY to the confirmation email.

I'm not suggesting that if you're a Yahoo email user, you're less than smart. If you're on here, you got through the process. But for those who can't seem to complete the process, sadly most are Yahoo users. Wish I knew how to help them.

Jack

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Postby JoeIsuzu » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:02 pm

And here we go again. As if a billion hacked accounts just wasn't enough (the 2013 breach), they've now come around to an adjusted number --
THREE BILLION user accounts. Since that's ALL of them, I guess it won't get any worse.
Yahoo said every single account was affected by a data breach in 2013; originally, the company said 1 billion out of 3 billion accounts were affected.
For the life of me, I can't see how anybody still uses Yahoo for anything. :roll:

Jack

Return to “This Site - Ground Rules, Announcements, Feedback...”