The LUV of 3 generations

News, rants, and raves.
Reedaaron41
Isuzu vehicle(s): 1982 Chevy Luv

The LUV of 3 generations

Postby Reedaaron41 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:49 am

So I was recently in Ohio picking up a roll bar to put in the bed of my 1980 Chevy Luv and a few houses down I spot a diamond in the rough and I had to stop and take a peak. It was a 1979 Chevy Luv but it was 2wd and not 4wd ( no big deal I can change that fairly easily) so I knock on the door and a kid no older than 16 answers the door. I ask him if the Luv is for sale and he quickly said no because it was to be his when he passed his drivers test this summer! So I asked if he would show it to me and we got to talking some more about this and that. A cool young kid clearly mature beyond his years ( not that I, 23, am far off). His grandfather bought the truck new off the lot in 79 and passed it to his father, and now his father was passing it to him. The problem was that it had over heated the last time his father drove it 10 years ago and it’s been sitting in the yard ever since. The truck has never been driven in the winter so the body is almost pristine except for the creamy red primer on it. I saw the kid was passionate and excited about it so I offered to help him and give him some advice about getting it running and making it 4wd if he wanted. I told him that I’d sell him my gas engine that I took out of my Luv and the 4 speed 4wd transmission really cheap and he got visibly excited. His father wasn’t around though so he took my number and said he will call me this weekend to see what we can work out. I’ll keep this updated if anything happens!

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Re: The LUV of 3 generations

Postby JoeIsuzu » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:37 am

That's a story I'd like to follow. Please keep us updated here.

Jack

puttputtinpup

Postby puttputtinpup » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:58 am

Yes...an update and pictures

Reedaaron41

Postby Reedaaron41 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:45 am

If he gets in touch with me this weekend about the motor I will ask for some pictures. I didn’t take any when I saw it because I don’t think like that in the moment. Maybe once he gets going I’ll get him on this site!

Reedaaron41

Postby Reedaaron41 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:04 am

The kid and his father have not contacted me but here in a couple weeks I’ll pop on by again with my Luv and show him the potential and maybe get them excited and remotivated for the project. Maybe offer a better deal on my running motor and good transmission. Who knows but I’m still hoping that I can help them get it on the road again!