insurance assesment value

News, rants, and raves.
masonandford
Isuzu vehicle(s): 81 chevy luv 2wd diesel from slygopup, 84 diesel 2wd long bed , 83 4x4 diesel with grease conversion, 84 diesel 2wd flat bed parts truck

insurance assesment value

Postby masonandford » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:05 pm

hello,
I have some questions about insurance which will make more sense after a short back story.
My 84 diesel long bed was totaled last night by your typical ass hat that couldn't be bothered to look at the road while he was driving and rear ended the truck tossing it up a 12 ft embankment and wedging it in between two trees. The engine compartment is unscathed and the driver what not injured thank god. Aside from being completely broken hearted over this truck, which is my daily driver. I raise hogs for a living and rely heavily on this truck for feed pick ups. To the point does anyone have expirence getting the true value for these trucks from the insurance company being rare, irreplaceable and having not kelly blue book to go off of..... I'm afraid to the outside world and the insurance company it will just look like a beat up hog hauler.
thoughts or opinions. i have to talk to the insurance company tommorrow.
thanks
- Mason - 81 diesel Chevy Luv 2wd
84 diesel p'up long bed 5spd 2wd RIP

Pupfocused

Re: insurance assesment value

Postby Pupfocused » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:52 am

Someone stole my 81 pup a number of years ago and I went though a similar problem with my insurance company. The insurance company hired an independent appraiser. They came in around 1800. I found some comps and submitted those. We ended up settling for around 3300 which was way less than I would have sold it for.
Jim
1981 diesel pup(gone)
1985 4x4 diesel pup
1986 diesel trooper

masonandford
Isuzu vehicle(s): 81 chevy luv 2wd diesel from slygopup, 84 diesel 2wd long bed , 83 4x4 diesel with grease conversion, 84 diesel 2wd flat bed parts truck

Postby masonandford » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:04 am

Thats what i'm afraid of. I was thinking of pulling up some ebay or craigslist pups to try and show how much they go for.
thanks
- Mason - 81 diesel Chevy Luv 2wd
84 diesel p'up long bed 5spd 2wd RIP

JoeIsuzu
Site Admin
Isuzu vehicle(s): Original owner, '83 LS Diesel, 5-spd, 2wd, Long Bed, restoration in progress!

Postby JoeIsuzu » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:10 am

There’s a plain-vanilla '83 diesel listed here for $3,000. Of course, the asking price may or may not be the selling price. But I think he’s pretty close to market value.
viewtopic.php?t=25184

Jack