No OEM Drain Diesel Fuel Filter

The place to discuss problems and routine maintenance questions and tips. This is for topics that are specifically diesel-related.
2zuzus
Isuzu vehicle(s): P'up Friendly Trooper Owner

No OEM Drain Diesel Fuel Filter

Postby 2zuzus » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:28 am

Greetings Fellow Isuzuists,
I posted this info in another thread, but thought it might be more useful/ easier to find if I posted it seperately.
If this info has been posted previously by someone else,( I didn't find it ), I apologize for the repetition.
If you have a need for a fuel filter for your 2.2 liter Diesel, and you don't have the OEM plastic filter drain, but have the OEM filter mounting, then this should work for you. After a lot of aggravation, and some wasted money, it's working for me.
Wix part # 33722/ NAPA part # 3722 Fuel Filter
This filter has the OEM fitting hole of 20x1.5 mm, is 7.56" tall, has an outer top gasket O.D. of 2.83", and a top inner gasket for the 20mm fitting. It has a 5 micron filtering rating, a burst rating of 300 p.s.i., flows 8 g.p.m. and is a full flow type. The filter media is typical of the Wix/NAPA fuel filters with a cellulose material. Best of all, for those without the plastic OEM piece, it has a built in manual (water) drain.
The original type filter from Wix/NAPA (# 33128/#3128 respectively), has a 10 micron filter rating and 310 p.s.i. burst rating. The replacement filter #33722/ #3722 rating of 5 microns is quite small particles. As such, you may want to check it/change it at a sooner interval than the stock type unit as it will capture more debris, a good thing IMHO.
I hope this will be beneficial to someone else, it has been to me. Keep 'em runnin'.
Chris