Smokey C190 Engine

The place to discuss problems and routine maintenance questions and tips. This is for topics that are specifically diesel-related.
duke
Isuzu vehicle(s): C190

Smokey C190 Engine

Postby duke » Sun May 20, 2018 5:27 pm

Hi All, I've been looking all over the web for some information about this engine but I haven't found what I need yet!

I have a C190 engine that is installed as the powerhouse on the log splitter. It starts and runs ok but it's very smokey -- black sooty smoke.

Initial large puff when it starts, it sort of clears up while just idling but spews it out when loaded up and throttle is opened.

Information - intake is good, fuel is good. I'm putting it down to either injector pump issues or injectors, I'm hoping it's something simple like the "fuel enrichment device" that is on the kiki Injection pump. Whoever set this up didn't set this in any position except its own natural spring location. How does this work? does it need to be pulled to enrichen or at full relief is it enrichened?

See circled lever in red in the pic

If it isn't this enrichment device - I need some advice on where to look next please.

Cheers,
Chris
Attachments
Kiki pump.JPG

Return to “Diesel - Troubleshooting and Maintenance”